Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN news getting closer to truth in this article! page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

MSN news getting closer to truth in this article!

Primal Fuel
    They still think cholesterol clogs arteries, but are easing up on saturated fat a bit...AND VILLIFYING GRAINS!!!

Make Yourself Heart Attack Proof: Eat to Your Heart's Content - 1 - MSN Health - Heart & Cardiovascular Slide Show

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Wow. So there's still hope for the world.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Lost me at "A truly healthy diet features a broad range of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes..."

Fruits first on the list and nuts and legumes on it with meat not. Just most of the same old CW nonsense with a pretty new bow.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Well, you could read the whole thing...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Well, you could read the whole thing...
    True, the very last sentence says to favor grass-fed bison, not to mention the fact that sardines were one of the items listed. Overall not bad... it's something I'd send to a family member who wouldn't buy paleo, but would consider some changes.

Side note: I loved that the advertisement/banner at the top (and both sides) of my screen was for "Quaker Whole Heart" as I read this, and not once did they mention eating oatmeal during the article. LOL!
    Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 02-09-2012 at 02:48 PM.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    Lost me at "A truly healthy diet features a broad range of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes..."

Fruits first on the list and nuts and legumes on it with meat not. Just most of the same old CW nonsense with a pretty new bow.
    Healthy fruits aren't necessarily bad. Now,dried and processed fruits that for some reason have additional sugar added to them from things like HFCS and so on are bad,and make no sense. The syrup that they pack canned fruits in is ridiculous.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    No argument that all the other stuff is WORSE, but...

Excessive fruit consumption will cause fat gain. Yes! Even the healthy plain old fruit, fruits. If I eat more than about 3 pieces a week, I will put on weight no matter what else I do with diet and exercise. I am not the only one, either. My wife has many friends that do Weight Watchers and were seeing some modest progress with it but when WW started that whole "Points Plus" nonsense which one of the hooks was 0 point fruits, every single one of my wife's friends put weight on. Now, I realize there could be a ton of other factors, but it's hard to ignore that the biggest change was make fresh fruits a "free, eat as much as you want item" and then they all put on weight.

Putting fruit first on the list is foolish.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    No argument that all the other stuff is WORSE, but...

Excessive fruit consumption will cause fat gain. Yes! Even the healthy plain old fruit, fruits. If I eat more than about 3 pieces a week, I will put on weight no matter what else I do with diet and exercise. I am not the only one, either. My wife has many friends that do Weight Watchers and were seeing some modest progress with it but when WW started that whole "Points Plus" nonsense which one of the hooks was 0 point fruits, every single one of my wife's friends put weight on. Now, I realize there could be a ton of other factors, but it's hard to ignore that the biggest change was make fresh fruits a "free, eat as much as you want item" and then they all put on weight.

Putting fruit first on the list is foolish.
    Well,I can eat three bananas a day and not put on any fat,as can many other people.....it all really comes down to an individual thing.I'm not saying that anyone should run out and eat a whole bag of apples or anything, but in the context of a balanced diet eaten by a healthy person, natural fruits aren't that bad.If someone is overweight or metabolically damaged then yeah,keep the fruits to a minimum or just don't bother with them,but I love a banana after a hard workout and so does my body.

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    You guys are ridiculous.
    It wasn't an ordered list. Jesus. Not a great article but I always say I eat "fruits, vegetables, and meat", it's not like the first thing I list is the one I eat most.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was a lot better than most of the advice CW puts forward. And I liked the bit about lentils - I love them and I'm sure they love me. Could have had more recommendations e.g. ruminate grass fed meat, liver etc. But so much better than "heart healthy grains and Flora margarine"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast