Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, I totally get it now. page

Jaredp85 is offline Junior Member

Wow, I totally get it now.

Primal Fuel
    I've gone on and off primal/paleo eating for the past year, never sticking with it long enough to really start feeling the benefits; and never fully passing the effects of the dreaded low carb flu.

I've been able to stick with paleo eating (no dairy) for the last few weeks, and over the last few days I've been crossing into the threshold of primal mode, and oh my word, it's a life changer.

Motivation, energy, positivity, all sky rocketing. I even enjoy and have more patience with my kids. Sometimes I have so much energy, I'm not sure what to do with the surplus.

The cognitive foginess of the first few weeks has not only gone away, I have more clarity and focus.

This is coming from a guy is still 100 lbs overweight. I can't imagine how I'll feel when the weight comes off.

Amazing stuff!

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Wait until you drop 100 pounds living all clean and Primal and then eat something like cake / cookies/ etc.. and see how terrible it makes you feel.
    Not from a guilt standpoint but from your stomach literally hurting and low energy / headaches. Really shows how bad that stuff is for you and makes you think twice before eating anything bad.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome! Isn't it fantastic? I've had more patience with my little crazies as well. It helps that the whole fam went Primal, so their behavior has improved immensely!
    Looking forward to hearing from you as the weight comes off!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Told you so, neener, neener.

Seriously, WTG! Stick to it & get healthy, you'll never look back.

Very true. I've had that experience of eating primal for a couple weeks and then overloading on sugar. It was terrible; I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Yes! I can't wait for my kids to go primal. I'm working on myself first (akin to putting the oxygen mask on yourself before your child), and slowly working them into it. I wish my kids go full on now, but we are not quite ready to handle it. At least "I'm heading in the right direction" is what I keep telling myself.

Haha! Thank you! It feels incredible, I have no intention of going back.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalClay View Post
    Wait until you drop 100 pounds living all clean and Primal and then eat something like cake / cookies/ etc.. and see how terrible it makes you feel.
    Agreed! Best of luck, mate!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredp85 View Post
    Yes! I can't wait for my kids to go primal. I'm working on myself first (akin to putting the oxygen mask on yourself before your child), and slowly working them into it. I wish my kids go full on now, but we are not quite ready to handle it. At least "I'm heading in the right direction" is what I keep telling myself.
    Have you checked out Everyday Paleo? Everyday Paleo from Sarah Fragoso - Paleo Recipes and Paleo Talk Podcast Sarah is a mom and a lot of her blog posts and books deal with issues of how Paleo relates to families.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Congrats! Good work, man.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast