Thread: Job change requires drastic change... NEED HELP!! page

Peters is offline Junior Member

Question Job change requires drastic change... NEED HELP!!

Shop Now

Hello primal community! I need some help. I am relatively new to the primal lifestyle, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the average time it takes to get your metabolism back to normal after going %100 primal? I need to lose about 35 pounds asap and am curious if it is possible to do in two months. Should I fast? What are the benefits of it? If I am only eating two to three times a day, what are the best types of meals to eat to really maximize fat loss? Is one meal a day bad? I am still learning a lot about my new primal lifestyle so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It will take however long it takes to fix your methabolic rate. No two people are alike. I would suggest you start with Whole 30 approach, and utilize quality proteins and fats (from animal sources) in the morning, adding more carbs as day progresses. I would avoid all dairy, nuts and fruit, limit poultry, and eat a simple diet of roasted red meats, fatty fish, eggs and vegetables with some coconut and olive oil added as needed for cooking.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    A lot of it depends on how big you currently are. I think in the first month I lost like 38 pounds but I was also like 340 pounds at the start. I went from crap diet to 100% stictly Primal and 0 activity to working out every day.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I can appreciate that you might have a timeframe to achieve this but why the 2 month thing?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    I can appreciate that you might have a timeframe to achieve this but why the 2 month thing?
    I'm also curious. And you mention that your job requires the change in your title, but nothing about it in the actual post. Is it a requirement for being a police officer or fire-fighter or something?

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Peters has been all over the boards asking this same question. I guess he/she won't be satisfied until someone tell him that yes you CAN lose 35 pounds in two months?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Water fast until you see blurry, then water fast some more...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Here is an easier way:

1. Measure your current weight and subtract 35 from it.
    2. Take a marker, write the resultant number on the sticker.
    3. Place the sticker over the scale's gauge.
    4. Start eating fresh foods, enjoy life and step on the scale whenever you like to see the encouraging result.

Sometimes I am considering this option myself!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.