Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about job interference with primal lifestyle... page

Peters is offline Junior Member

Question Question about job interference with primal lifestyle...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hello primal community! Quick question. I am relatively new to the primal lifestyle, and I am wondering if my job is possibly hindering my progress. The way my job is set up, I RARELY have time to step away to eat a primal snack throughout the day. It pretty much leaves me to eating the three "standard" meals typical people eat on a daily basis. So my question is, if I am only able to eat three times a day, am I still going to get the benefits of primal eating? I need to lose about 35 pounds, and am worried if I am not able to maintain the lifestyle properly due to my job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i only eat once or twice a day, with no snacking. that's way more primal than three meals with snacks in between. but, it has less to do with how often you eat, and much much more to do with what you eat. keep your meals primal. if you can't eat primal at work, don't eat at work.

Since you only eat once or twice a day, what do your typical meals consist of, if you don't mind me asking?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    my meals tend to change with the seasons, but generally i have a big helping of eggs scrambled with meat and veggies for one meal, and the other would be a plate full of veggies with a steak or something, or a BAS. all in all, i'm pretty consistent with sticking to vegetables, meat and eggs.

What is a "BAS"?

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    BAS = big ass salad.

Three meals a day is more than adequate

You know you posted the same thread 3 times, I presume?

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    I have found that the longer I eat primal, the less I want snacks. After about 3 months of primal eating I now eat usually 2 meals a day, with a third snack size 'meal' only when I feel hungry. The most subtle part has been reeducating the mind and body back toward listening for true hunger. If I need to socially be at table at a time I am just not physically hungry, I beg off the meal and join the group for a cup of tea or a seltzer water. That can make a person feel self-conscious at first, but really, its like eating alone in a restaurant (some people -- especially women -- hate this)... just get over it because nobody really notices in the long run! And yes, I would say my portions are bigger when I am actually eating one of my two meals. I think nothing of eating 2 or 3 eggs when I used to eat just one and nobody, I mean NOBODY, gets half of my steak anymore in their lunches! hahaha

I posted it twice on this forum with a different title cuz I felt I would get more people to read it. The first post wasn't getting a lot of views initially. I'm still new to the whole forum thing. I hope it doesn't piss anybody off, lol.

Lol! Thanks for your response. It is very helpful

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    You're better off without snacks anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast