Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My job makes things difficult... page

Peters is offline Junior Member

Question I need help. My job makes things difficult...

Shop Now
    Hello primal community! Quick question. I am relatively new to the primal lifestyle, and I am wondering if my job is possibly hindering my progress. The way my job is set up, I RARELY have time to step away to eat a primal snack throughout the day. It pretty much leaves me to eating the three "standard" meals typical people eat on a daily basis. So my question is, if I am only able to eat three times a day, am I still going to get the benefits of primal eating? I need to lose about 35 pounds, and am worried if I am not able to maintain the lifestyle properly due to my job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Peters; 02-09-2012 at 07:49 AM.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    a lot of the folks here eat three meals a day. you should be fine. give it a try

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Three or less. Once you start switching over to fat burning, you probably won't want more than that.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Three or less? I can still get the benefits of primal eating with two meals a day?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yes. You are actually better off according to some schools of thinking by eating as few meals a day as possible, as it mimics the hunter-gathering lifestyle... or Lean gain approach. Plus, you save time, and do not have to drag the food around! Small meals + snacks = CW, actually. It is very individual. I personally do horrible on the 'grazing' regimen, and never get full, always starved. With fewer bigger meals and extended fasting in the morning, yay! Plus, as you clear out sugars from your system, and up your fat and protein intake and start burning fat for fuel, your hunger will stop being devastating, but becomes short-lived and productive! Just make sure that your first meal is heavy in fat and proteins, and it will carry you 6 hours easily & save carbs for the evening.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    You don't need to eat three or more times a day and you don't need to snack either. I eat my first meal of the day around "lunch time" and then I eat again in the evening. My first meal is small to medium in size and my second meal is large. I have lost 30+lbs in just over a month. I do eat snacks once in a while and occasionally eat a third meal. I also do about one 24 hr. fast a week when I feel so inclined.

So, whitebear, it is ok to skip breakfast? And, if you don't mind me asking, what are your typical lunch/dinner meals consisting of? Also, are fasts something I should consider doing, and what are their benefits?

Thanks for your response Leida

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Technically, you can't skip breakfast- since whenever you eat first, you're breaking your fast

Fasting- IF on here- will come to you when it's time. Some people can dive into it right away, but if you're accustomed to very regular meals plus snacks, it'll probably take your metabolism a little while to be ready to handle it. The main benefit is that since your body isn't spending energy on digesting it can spend time on things like- healing! Some people do breakfast and dinner, some lunch and dinner, some just dinner- you'll figure out what works for you.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

So, Drssgchic, once I go %100 primal with my eating, what is the average time it takes for my metabolism to regulate itself and become normal? I only ask because I need to lose about 35 pounds asap, due to a possible job change, and am worried I may have trouble doing so in the next two months...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast