Thread: 70 grams of nuts too much per day? page

Moz
    Moz is offline Junior Member

Question 70 grams of nuts too much per day?

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys,

I've been following the PB for nearly a year now and have had a great ammount of success. Im constantly changing my diet as i learn more and as my taste for my current everyday foods alters.

Im looking to do a major overhaul on my current diet which looks something like this;

Breakfast - Protein shake and 70g of Almonds/Walnuts/Cashews
    Snack - 100g Turkey
    Lunch - 200-300g Chicken drumsticks
    Snack - 100g Turkey or on workout days a CNP Protein bar
    Dinner - 200g Sirloin Steak with 300g of broccolli and carrots

I know the above diet is rather flawed, hence why im changing it to include more veg and a bit of fruit.

Recently ive been getting nausea and stomach cramps and i read today that it may be down to the nuts and the Omega 6's. (i do take a omega 3 supplement with breakfast to try get the right ratio.)

I like having the nuts in my daily diet because of all the Vitamin and mineral benefits they include, but do you think 70g is too much everyday?

Thanks in advance.
    Moz

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Yes. The veggies will give you the vitamins and minerals if well-assorted and organic.

I'd take a break from nuts for at least a month. I say this from experience--my primal menu
    was very "nut heavy" for months and I"m going along much better since I stopped them for a time.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get lower intestinal trouble if I have too many nuts. It's the high content of minerals like zinc that does it to me.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.