Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your menu look like? page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

What does your menu look like?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wake up and try to have stuff throughout my day as close to High fat as possible. But mostly, I am trying to gather some menu ideas personally from some of you.

Breakfast I usually have 2 sausages (Aidels) no msg, no nitrates or harmones and two eggs.

snack- banana or dried nuts and fruit

lunch- chicken or beef with spinach or a sale and meat of some sort

dinner- steak and yams or chicken and spinach or salmon.

I am constantly on the go because I tour so it is super hard to eat anything "free" most of the time. I at least stay away from mcdonalds when I am out.

Any advice or a little sample menu of what you have would be awesome!
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Today was:

3 eggs and some pan fried potatoes
    a burger with whole cheese,a bit of bacon,and a bowl of white rice w/ mixed veggies
    a burger and some oven baked potato wedges
    a banana

Heavy training day today, so my carb intake was correspondingly higher. I understand the pains of trying to eat healthy on the road,just try as best as you can and remember that a slip up now and then isn't the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Today was:

3 eggs and some pan fried potatoes
    a burger with whole cheese,a bit of bacon,and a bowl of white rice w/ mixed veggies
    a burger and some oven baked potato wedges
    a banana

Heavy training day today, so my carb intake was correspondingly higher. I understand the pains of trying to eat healthy on the road,just try as best as you can and remember that a slip up now and then isn't the end of the world.
    Awesome! What is your training like?

I have recently got into tabata and cross fit....
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Non-training day. Broke my fast at noon with:
    A pound of grass-fed ground beef (cooked with a tablespoon of kerrygold).
    2 cups of broccoli.
    Whole avocado.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Non-training day. Broke my fast at noon with:
    A pound of grass-fed ground beef (cooked with a tablespoon of kerrygold).
    2 cups of broccoli.
    Whole avocado.
    man that sounds soooo good. what kind of training?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    Awesome! What is your training like?

I have recently got into tabata and cross fit....
    Most of my training consists of kettlebells, Indian clubs, progressive calisthenics, and combat sport training like heavy bag drills,speed bag work,and so on.I also set time aside to take my Siberian husky on long walks since the breed has so much energy and an instinct to run.I deadlift with a barbell occasionally simply because I believe the deadlift is one of the best exercises a person can do for overall strength and fitness,but that's about twice a week since kettlebell swings and the calisthenics already tax my posterior chain and legs a lot.

I use ladders for my weight progressions and for the more cardio based activities I roll a pair of dice,set that number as the minutes i'll be doing that exercise,then vary the intensity based on what day of the week it is. I'll give a good example of a heavy lifting day:

Kettle bell press ladders: 5 ladders with 4 rungs each arm

Basically I do 1 rep,switch arms and do one rep,switch arms and do two reps,switch arms and do two reps,then switch and do three and so on.I end up doing a total of 10 reps each ladder but it's broken up and for some reason works much better for me than just doing a straight set of 10.I end the press session with a total of 50 solid reps then swing Indian clubs for a few minutes to loosen up my shoulders and keep my heart rate going.Next I grab a pair of dice and a timer and get ready for some swings.Today was a heavy day and I rolled an 8,so my goal was to do as many swings with good form as I could in 8 minutes.I ended it at 102 because my form started getting sloppy.After that I did some pull ups,vertical leg raises,and some more club swinging then headed to the kitchen for a meal.

On heavy days I go all out,but on medium and light days I vary the intensity by a set amount. For the ladders you remove one rung on the medium day and on light days you remove two.Medium is 1,2,3 and light ends up being only the first two rungs,so as you can see the exercise stays the same but the work load adjusts.For swings I still roll the dice and follow the timer,but on medium days I only do 70-80% of my max and light is 50-60%.One thing that remains constant throughout these days are the Indian clubs,since I absolutely love them and the benefits they provide.The week breaks up into something like this:

Heavy > rest > light > variety > medium > variety > rest

The variety days are a group of exercises that differ from the core group in the three main days.These are the days that I usually run,walk,hit the bags,barbell work,and practice progressive calisthenics.These days aren't grueling,but they also aren't easy,just moderate effort.I swing the clubs on variety days as well. I used to follow a typical gym rat type program when I was younger,a lot of machine work,benching and so on, and I'm stronger and more fit overall now than I ever was when I was training back then,even if I'm over my ideal weight and a bit out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    man that sounds soooo good. what kind of training?
    The 2 half pound burgers were damn tasty!

Standard barbell stuff: deads, squats, bench, press, rows and some chins for good measure. I am going to start incorporating the power clean pretty soon. I don't necessarily need it for anything, it's just a cool ass exercise!!! Any exercise that trains "explosive power" is cool
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 02-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast: Latte w/1 cup whole grassfed milk (raw as often as I can get it) + 1-3 eggs (IF I'm hungry enough, maybe 1/2 the time)
    Lunch: Meat leftover from previous dinner + Veggie (leftover or a frozen pack of green beans or spinach)
    Dinner: Meat (rotate through beef, bison, pork, chicken and salmon) + Veggie (salad w/homemade no-sugar dressing, carrots & green beans, squash, collards w/bacon bits, etc. - it varies but nothing processed, no sugar, only good fats like butter & coconut oil, etc.)
    Snack/Dessert: 1/2 pc fruit (split w/hubby), 1-2 tbsp almond butter, chunk of fresh coconut, handful of walnuts or 1-2 oz piece of aged full-fat cheese

Been doing exactly that for 4 months now but I've yet to lose a single lb!! Still looking at 1/3 of my pants being too tight to wear. Grrrrrr. I can't figure out how I could have cut out copious amounts of sugar, lots of pasta, 2-3 snacks a day, all wheat products and frankenfats, and still not seen the tiniest bit of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    Breakfast: Latte w/1 cup whole grassfed milk (raw as often as I can get it) + 1-3 eggs (IF I'm hungry enough, maybe 1/2 the time)
    Lunch: Meat leftover from previous dinner + Veggie (leftover or a frozen pack of green beans or spinach)
    Dinner: Meat (rotate through beef, bison, pork, chicken and salmon) + Veggie (salad w/homemade no-sugar dressing, carrots & green beans, squash, collards w/bacon bits, etc. - it varies but nothing processed, no sugar, only good fats like butter & coconut oil, etc.)
    Snack/Dessert: 1/2 pc fruit (split w/hubby), 1-2 tbsp almond butter, chunk of fresh coconut, handful of walnuts or 1-2 oz piece of aged full-fat cheese

Been doing exactly that for 4 months now but I've yet to lose a single lb!! Still looking at 1/3 of my pants being too tight to wear. Grrrrrr. I can't figure out how I could have cut out copious amounts of sugar, lots of pasta, 2-3 snacks a day, all wheat products and frankenfats, and still not seen the tiniest bit of progress.
    If you haven't lost anything in 4 months and clothes still don't fit, odds are you are eating above your "maintenance" calories.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Today: Two eggs in chopped up bacon and its fat (not that much bacon), couple spoons of commercial salsa. I woulda IFed but I had a long day ahead at work. Lunch: leftover coconut pork curry (homemade) with about a cup of white rice and some leftover Japanese sweet potato. Snack: coffee, no sugar. Dinner: Big hunk of pork shoulder, mash sweet potato, collards in bacon fat.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast