Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Do A Protein Shake Every Day... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool Why I Do A Protein Shake Every Day...

Shop Now
    There seems to be a lot of talk of protein shakes lately and I am one who likes them. Some have poo poo'd them. Some are okay with them. The honest reasons... here's why...

#1 They are delicious...
    I like to have something sweet and delicious and a protein shake to me is just as delicious as a milkshake. Mine are made with coconut milk and a scoop of whatever whey protein I have (i have chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, banana, berry...)

#2 They are low carb, low fat, low calorie...
    They don't mess with any of my macros that much...

#3 They help me reach my protein levels desired
    I eat the majority of my protein in meats and sometimes some greek yogurt. My protein shake helps add about 20 more grams of protein.

I have one a day...just one cup. It totally curbs my desire for sweets. I eat 100% paleo 99% of the time until this week in which I'm giving lean gains a go (this will cause me to go probably 80% paleo in order to get my correct macros).

So for those of you who also enjoy them, I raise a frothy glass to you. ^__^
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Hear hear!!!
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I don't currently... but a good chocolate protein powder is how I have "mocha frappes" all summer. (One per day.)
    So, since I'm in FL it won't be long until I'm raising my glass too!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    #4 It's a good place for me to sneak in my other supplements. Creatine, liquid fish oil, greens supplement, ground flax.

*frothy prost*

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    #5. Try opening a high-end breakfast line at 4 in the morning, with nothing but biscuits, pancakes, and "primal" foods soaked in soybean oil to eat
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Just had a whey protein shake not 20 minutes ago.

Juiced whole lemon, two scoops vanilla whey, 1/2 cup berries, melted butter for fat content (out of coconut milk right now). Intensely rich and decadent... but healthy!
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Not a daily thing for me to consume, but I make them every morning for my partner because it's ridiculously hard for him to actually eat the calories he needs because he doesn't have a job where he can just eat at his desk.

So yeah...

#6: for some people, drinking extra calories is a good thing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the "not an everyday thing" mentality and I would recommend trying to get as clean as you can with the whey source (as little added sugar, sucralose, stevia, etc.) as possible. Then just let 'er rip, I say.

I've been playing around with BPC in the mornings and most days I'm down to eating 2 meals and I'm quite concerned I won't be able to get enough protein that way. So, I've actually been having more of these lately, especially after workouts.

I also use it to add in things I'm thinking I might not be getting enough of, but don't necessarily feel like consuming "straight up" Like for example, sometimes I just don't feel like leafy greens everyday, but I can throw 1/2 lb of spinach in the blender along with some organic raspberries to cut the spinach taste a bit and get my leafy greens and get some good organic berries -- both of which are still WHOLE foods...just because I threw them in the blender doesn't change that.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree, hallowprince. Love them, they give me a different and cost-effective way of getting my protein in (plus some good coconut fat, as you suggest), they keep me full for hours, plus I don't much care for anything that involves too much chewing first thing in the morning ...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

paleo pika is offline Member
    I agree but I'm confused about how yours is low fat if you use coconut milk.

I also make mine with whey and coconut milk, but a can of the stuff I get is like 75g of fat (for the whole can). Do you just use a little bit or are you making tiny protein shakes?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast