Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gluten, sugar, and dairy free pancakes, amazing! page

rosalynS is offline Junior Member

Post gluten, sugar, and dairy free pancakes, amazing!

Primal Fuel
    For the simplicity of these pancakes they truly are amazing and I'm officially hooked. Maybe everyone already has heard of them however, I just discovered them and felt the need to share the wealth!

1 - banana
    1 - egg
    1 - tbsp of coconut or almond flour

Mash up banana and mix all ingredients together, I sometimes add blueberries, cinnamon or almond butter, fry them on the stove in coconut oil and TADA, you've got delicious, very moist, fulfilling pancakes! Enjoy!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Break the addiction. Pancakes are fake food. Cooked almond flour is rancid and does a lot of oxidative damage to your arteries.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Break the addiction. Pancakes are fake food. Cooked almond flour is rancid and does a lot of oxidative damage to your arteries.
    Wow a little HARSH its one tbsp and she said either coconut or almond flour. I see nothing wrong with that. I suppose go with the coconut flour, but at least its not 2 cups of almond flour.

I would focus on more standard primal breakfasts, and make this a treat for psychological sake. It might remind you too much of hte real thing, but if it doesnt then I don't see the harm.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good, I'll try them - thanks! Here's another recipe similar - but chocolate muffin form minus the flour. OOOOH MY@ I actually just blogged about it today. Recipe below, pic on blog

Mix in bowl:

1 Ripe banana - squashed/mashed
    2T Almond butter
    1 beaten egg

2 T cocoa powder (pure, no sugar)
    1/4t instant coffee

When mixed, pour into greased muffin tin, or small mug. Depending on whether you make 2 muffins with this or one big one will change the time a bit. I make 2 mufffins with this mix and microwave on high of 2 minutes. Enjoy paleo chocolatey goodness with no guilt!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Pooka is offline Member
    I do a banana, two eggs, 1T rice flour, and 1T fat (usually butter). They are great. And it's no addiction, it's about a once every two or three month treat. I don't see it much different than an omelet, to be honest.

Thanks for the reply knifegill.. I have never heard that about coconut flour before, I'm still pretty new to this and learning lots everyday. Although yes you can substitute almond flour instead or cut all flours and just do a tbsp of homemade almond butter. I don't eat them for breakfast just every now and again when I have a craving for something sweet and filling, thank you also activia, again I'm very new to "primal eating" and am struggling to come up with various meals so I don't get tired of the same old things day in day out, it's a looonnngg learning process.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Not everyone is as spartan as you, so calm down a bit. She was just sharing a paleo recipe so that people who are interested can have more options for their breakfast, no need to call her addicted and what not. I agree that almonds aren't great, but she said coconut flour too, which imo is perfectly acceptable. You can't go through life trying to avoid everything that is potentially harmful, you'll end up a breatharian or a nutcase...which are basically the same things.

Does anyone know what flour is the best to cook with?

activia is offline Senior Member
    Coconut flour or rice flour (if you are active). I would use these recipes as "treats" not daily staples. You'll learn It takes time/practice and your tastes will change.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

also on the topics of breakfast, (I've ran out of ways to cook eggs ha) any good breakfast ideas or recipes you would care to share?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast