Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, but are you thin?? page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

Yes, but are you thin??

Primal Fuel
    I know the primal way of eating is the healthiest way to go. But, those of you that eat this way, and restrict carbs....
    Are you thin??
    I'm curious.

Primal2010 is offline Member
    Define what you mean by "thin". Are we talking a small whisp of a man or woman with no muscle tone or strength (i.e... Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory") or are we talking about muscled and with low body fat and as strong (or stronger) as they look thin (i.e... Pavel).

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal2010 asked a good question. What do you mean by thin?

I'm not wispy, but definitely slender and toned. The paleo diet and lifestyle gave me well defined muscles my legs and arms as well as giving me rockin' abs. I'm around a size 4.
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    I'm not thin, but I'm thinner. I don't care if I get thin, as long as I get healthier, including proper muscle tone.
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I was a chunky 215 pounds at 5'9", now I'm 170 pounds and very muscular. Waist down to 30" from a 36". So, yes, I'm thinner that I've been since I was 13 years old.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLisaGo View Post
    I'm not thin, but I'm thinner. I don't care if I get thin, as long as I get healthier, including proper muscle tone.
    I agree completely. Too many people today associate being thin as a rail with being healthy overall, which just isn't true. It's actually in your best interests to have a bit of body fat and not be super lean all the time.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    5''11, 165lbs, 8-9% bodyfat year round. I don't restrict carbs at all.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Whether or not people are thin is not a reflection upon being primal. If you follow the principles eventually you will get to a point where you are at an ideal weight; there is nothing that would preclude people from becoming thin on primal.

As others have said, I'm definitely thinner, healthier, and feel a lot better than I did about two years ago.
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Thinner by 80+ lbs with no sign of slowing yet...and far healthier to boot. Daily intake is 50-60g net carbs from veg & fruit (a level I find much easier to live with than <20g and frank ketosis). I walk a lot, but don't run apart from occasional sprints. Planning to re-assess the carb amounts if/when I'm closer to goal or I stop losing.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    No. Nor am I very lean. 5'11" and about 185lbs, but I am strong, healthy, and energetic, so there's that.

The lack of leanness has more to do with still-frequent junk intake IMO than anything else.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast