Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Test- Have you had any this week? page

Athena is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So, I have been 100% primal for 7 days now. I feel great, lost some weight already that people are noticing, and my confidence is way up. My one weakness is sugary breakfast foods like donuts, muffins, etc. Which i have been on/off craving now for the past couple weeks. I get to school today and in the main hall there are 5 HUGE tables filled with all sorts of donuts, banana breads, muffins, scones, pretty much an overload of EVERYTHING i want. This would not be so bad but when i walked over to speak with my friends they all had huge plates of one of everything, offering me some. My mouth was watering, practically drooling I said sadly "no thanks" and walked to class covering my eyes to keep from staring at the treats. I felt really good not giving in, I knew if I did eat it, I would feel horrible, stomach aches, etc. Not to mention my workout today would likely suffer from the carb crash I would experience later in the day...Have you guys had any struggles this week?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Nice job... it's tough.

Eventually you will not view that stuff as food... it has no nutritional value... in fact probably negative value.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Well done!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Lolly is offline Member

Props to you! My current kryptonite is Pho--the Vietnamese noodle soup. It's my favorite food on earth and I am missing it very much. i drive right past a great pho place a couple of times per week and i can feel my willpower wavering. if i get it, i will add extra meat and eat as few of the rice noodles as possible. sometimes i think its just the taste of the beef broth & sriracha that i want anyway.

Thanks guys! I know its worth it to just pass, sometimes that little devil on your shoulder just keeps whispering in your ear that 'one wont kill you....two wont...etc"

@Lolly- OMG i love Pho. I used to live by this great Pho place and ate it way too much. haha Something about that broth is just amazing, I can never replicate it either

Lolly is offline Member

I'm pretty sure there will "CAVE" for pho soon. my plan is to ignore the noodles. i'll just sodium bloat for a few days but soooo worth it!

maba is offline Senior Member

Good for you Athena!!

I love PHO!! A trip to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant is in order. I haven't been very primal off-late, I guess I'll make it my 20%.

Btw, Athena is such a beautiful name, love what it means/signifies.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

There is half a raspberry cheesecake (with *sniffle* almond flour crust) screaming at me in the fridge. But I'm commited to no sugar (other than fruit) this month, and the cheesecake has sugar in it. I've been backsliding big time with little treats here and there, realising that I've been eating crap like a spoonful of peanut butter, but shunning a beautiful tangerine. Sheesh.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

S72 Guest

Athena,

Excellent work. Remember, food is fuel and that stuff is the cheapest and worst fuel you can have. You'll know 10 minutes after you eat it when you feel horrible and just want more.

Stay strong and instead make yourself a primal snack/meal when that happens.

WOO!

PrimalCon New York

@Maba Thank you so much

@lil_earthmomm: recipie for the raspberry cheesecake??? haha that sounds amazing. I made some seriously heavy almond flour cookies last night. Ate 3 of those little buggers and they sat in my stomach like rocks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast