Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Test- Have you had any this week? page 2

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Today is day 10, I think. I haven't had to struggle with anything. I have felt so bad for so long that the amazing blast of well-being I am experiencing more than makes up for any desires to eat unhealthy foods.

Really.

Sooze

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

How bout I give you the primal version:

1 cup of almond flour

2 tbsp butter

1/2 tbsp vanilla

half a can of pineapple drained. Pulse in the food processor and pat into a springform pan. Bake at 325 for 10-15 min.

In food processor combine:

3 blocks creamcheese

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 ripe banana

1 cup of raspberries

6 eggs

2 tbsp vanilla

Then fold in another cup of raspberries. (I used frozen)

Bake at 325 in a bain marie (wrap the springform in tinfoil and place in a large pan, pour boiling water into larger pan) for 40 min then turn off oven and allow to sit in oven for 30 min.

Chill for at least 3 hours.

My mama made the cheesecake that's in the fridge, and though she was sweet and made it grain free, there is a butt load of sugar in it.

As for light almond cookies, these look heavenly!!!

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/amaretti_cookies/

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

I am craving a soda now like you wouldn't believe.

Before I started primal I could down a whole 2 liter in a day. I find I'm not so much missing the taste as I am the "ceremony" of sitting down at my art board with a cold glass of pop or for fueling late night gaming sessions. Seltzer water and tea just aren't the same.

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Well done, Athena. Show those cravings who's boss!

A couple days ago, in the middle of a fast, and at night when the carb-craving wolves howl at my door -- my wife asked me to get her a hamburger (bun-free, of course). Didn't know if I could handle it at first, but after sitting in that burger joint for 10 minutes smelling the lovely food, returning home, keeping my fast and waking up the next morning feeling great, it felt like a triumph over the devil himself!

gregandbeaker is offline Junior Member

Hi Lolly, I eat Pho about every week or two. I ask them for no noodles and load up on the sprouts. Still delicious. Salt doesn't scare me much. I agree though, its the broth that makes it magical. I've made it at home before, but it takes all day.

My last cheat was a week ago friday. Pizza. She'll always be my master :-) Only one piece though.

beckinwolf is offline Member

My grandpa brought home a beautiful cherry pie. I had a sliver with dinner last night. I enjoyed every bite! No point in guilt-tripping your way through life. Eat, Rejoice, Repeat.

Carpe Diem!

misathemeb is offline Member

omg too funny! my husband just made pho 2 nights ago and froze 5 quarts of broth. i told him to just give me the broth and he could put the rice noodles in for himself later CAN I JUST SAY BEEF KNUCKLE IS GINORMOUS! it cooked for seriously like 5 hours. my clothes smell like Pho haha

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

My girlfriend made brownies and had some with ice cream, I took a bite, didn't feel terrible really. I've never been much of a sweets eater.

My momma did make Arroz con Pollo (the green kind, if anybody knows what I'm talking about) and I kinda regret NOT having some haha, that stuff rules. I'm going to make it with cauliflower instead of rice...

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

maba is offline Senior Member

@iniQuity: How could you not??? I love Arroz con Pollo and I bet what your mum made was the authentic version, not the restaurant kind. But good for you for resisting the temptation. Rice is something I haven't been able to completely give up, it's such an integral part of my culture (I'm from India).

Nekurahn is offline Junior Member

Coming from the hormonal birth control thread, this thread's title screamed "sexual abstinence" to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast