Thread: White tea page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

White tea

Primal Fuel
    Just to let you guys know I bought some organic white tea yesterday instead of green and i have to say not only does it taste much nicer (subtle and sweet) it apparently has 3 times the amount of antioxidants that green tea has, it's only slightly more expensive as well (average price per bag in UK: green tea = 4.5p, white tea = 6.5p)
    I am now a white tea man!

billp is offline Senior Member
    I thought white tea what what you give kids when the grown ups are having tea? Bit of sugar and milk in hot water?

Tadas is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    it apparently has 3 times the amount of antioxidants that green tea has
    This is not true even if Mark also wrote this in an older blog post. The (german) studies I know all show that it has nearly the same amount of antioxidants as regular tea and it also has a slightly higher coffein content (http://www.teeverband.de/texte/downl...r_Tee_2008.pdf as well as https://www.tu-braunschweig.de/Medien-DB/ilc/w_t.pdf)
    Last edited by Tadas; 02-08-2012 at 06:57 AM.

"Since white tea leaves are harvested while the leaves are still young, sometimes even while they are buds, they retain much higher antioxidant contents than all other teas; even three times more than green tea"

White Tea Vs. Green Tea | Know the Difference & Benefits of Drinking White Tea
    Health News Report: White Tea vs. Green Tea
    White Tea vs Green Tea: What's the Difference? | 3FC
    White Tea

i dont work for a white tea company do drink what you want, just thought id bring this to peoples attentions because not many people know about white tea (like the first guy who responded) it tastes nicer and seems to be even better for you according to every source i could find

why are my posts being moderated?

all the research i could find showed that white tea was less processed and harvested mostly in bud form and so had more antioxidents, it also tastes a lot nicer and not that many people seem to know about it (ie the first guy who responded)

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I thought white tea what what you give kids when the grown ups are having tea? Bit of sugar and milk in hot water?
    White tea is a form of tea made from a young tea leaf.