Thread: When to crank the volume up page

The Scott is offline Member

When to crank the volume up

Im on week 3 of primal eating and have been "nursing" my workouts while i make the switch. Now im wondering when to bring carbs out of the 20's and start back into my high intensity workouts or atleast start grinding off more body fat.

otzi Guest
    You'll have to figure that out for yourself. Don't fall into the trap of letting others dictate your PB. If you are looking for a quick answer: Do it now!
    Good luck

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure how heavy you are but after a few weeks of being Primal I started to hit the workouts really hard (cardio and weightlifting) but I was always mindful of being a 300+ pound guy and not wanting to do anything to damage a knee or joint. I figured my luck would be going from nada to 100% in the work out effort department and then injure myself . I think i waited until I was down in the 250s before I really started running and doing more high joint impact work outs.

Every body is different and so should be everyone's pace. You know your body the best.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

219 as of this morning. I guess im looking for an average to when fat is the fuel. 2 things i have done to expedite my diet is

Carbs under 50
    Intermitant fasting and been low cal

I have been doing my very best to convince my body that fat is the only fuel and better hyper compesate nutrients. I will need to up calories next week because this week i have hardly worked out and have been slow getting out of bed.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scott View Post
    219 as of this morning. I guess im looking for an average to when fat is the fuel. 2 things i have done to expedite my diet is

Carbs under 50
    Intermitant fasting and been low cal

I have been doing my very best to convince my body that fat is the only fuel and better hyper compesate nutrients. I will need to up calories next week because this week i have hardly worked out and have been slow getting out of bed.
    Adding serious exercise to that, especially quickly, is a recipe for sadness. Work up slowly, adding cals or carbs if recovery lags.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My gut was really screwed up and so wasnt my blood sugar etc. So Im doing a modified leptin calorie reset. My workouts so far have been sporadic at best the last couple weeks. Im working out probably 2 times a week (down from 5 -2 a days) and doing p90x lifts and insanity every day.

Im intending to keep at the p90x lifting but add in high intensity conditioning work on my off days. They usually only last about 20 minutes or so and are mostly focused on speed drills and tabata type intervals.

I would run outside but im in maine and winter running sucks lol