Thread: Rate my diet page

chrisfield is offline Junior Member

Rate my diet

Primal Fuel
    I am fairly new to all this and trying to do the best I can. Would be happy for some constructive feedback on my diet. Don't be too hard on me

FWIW, I am 29, 5'10", weigh 174 pounds, and run marathons. I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I really just want want to be a healthier person. So I probably won't be quite as strict as some folks on some of the gray areas.

Breakfast - eggs and pork sausage
    Snack - almonds
    Lunch - huge salad with almonds, dried cranberries, feta, tuna, oil and vinegar dressing
    Snack - banana with almond butter
    Dinner - 12 oz new York strip and sweet potato fries
    Dessert - dark chocolate, full fat yogurt with blueberries and almonds

Balance is offline Senior Member
    It's a pretty decent diet except you have a lot of almonds in there. I think a handful once in awhile is okay but you have them in four of your meals. Too many nuts can definitely make for a bad n3:n6 balance. Furthermore, since you run a lot of marathons (which isn't totally primal but you only asked about your diet so I won't go there) you will want to reduce the excess inflammation. So I would consider reducing the almond consumption. Otherwise it isn't too bad.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    I agree - perhaps trim back the nuts and replace them hardboiled eggs, or cheese, or avocado, etc. Otherwise, it looks good to me.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    yep,almonds are pretty meh as far as nuts go,so cut back on them.Besides that,everything looks fine and makes me want to head to the kitchen and cook something up.

chrisfield is offline Junior Member
    Thanks all. The almonds were an anomaly that day, but well made.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - sausage patties (3 oz.)
    Snack - hard boiled egg
    Lunch - Salad with steak bits, carrots, avocados
    Snack - full fat yogurt with berries and almonds
    Dinner - Strawberry/Red Onion salad
    Snack - A Few small pieces of dark chocolate