Thread: Deviled eggs with avocado page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Well I got round to buying an avocado, I got to boiling the eggs and popping out the yolks, while slicing up the avocado It hit me.....these chunks of avocado aint gonna mush up like the yolks?! The recipe doesn't mention this obstacle.

I did my best to mash and squish with a fork in a bowl, they turned out ok, but theres a bit of crunch while eating the eggs. Should I have skinned the avocado first? Didnt see amention of that, nor did marks pic have skinned avocado chunks

Shame I dont have hot sauce of lime juice though, I used lemon instead

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member

Oh my...yes, definitely remove the avocado skin next time! Also, perhaps your avocado wasn't ripe. I don't know that I've ever encountered a "crunchy" avocado. Maybe next time let the avocado ripen until it is just soft to the touch and be sure to remove the skin. Should work out better for you.

shastagirl Guest

haha nah just chuck the whole thing in the blender, skin seed and all. that should make it easier to mix with your yolks

hannahc is offline Senior Member

What do you mean by skin? The tough casing on the outside, right??? Because you definitely shouldn't be eating that, yuck. In the picture of the "Green Devils" the avocado in the bowl has been scooped out of the skin with a spoon then chopped up.

It sounds like your avocado wasn't ripe enough also, but as TriCiCi said the avocado should be slightly soft to the touch. Usually ripe avocados are very dark green to almost black on the outside, NOT bright green at all. Does that help at all?

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Reading that in the voice of Bulgarin from GTA4 and laughin'.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

LilMike is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAAMx_R523o

check it