Thread: Get ready for some stupid questions!!! page

Robokevin is offline Junior Member

Get ready for some stupid questions!!!

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to primal living.

I do have some experience with low carb dieting though.

I lost 200 lbs before, then got my gall bladder taken out, which had become diseased before I started low-carb dieting.

The doctor said, by the power of Conventional Wisdom, that I could not do low-carb without a gall bladder. Too hard on the digestive system. In fact they put me on some low-fat almost vegahoovian thing. I fell for this for almost two years and gained about 90 lbs back.

I got sick of it a couple of months ago, and have lost 30 lbs since then on low carb, without encountering any of the side effects that they warned me about.

But though I am losing weight and cutting carbs, I find myself relying on artificial and processed "low carb friendly" foods. I am probably "Atkins Advantage" brand's number 1 customer. I don't really like this.

So, I want to continue to eat in a low carb way (as it certainly is successful for me), while stressing whole foods. I wanted to read up in order to get some better motivation to do this.

I've reviewed the other stuff out there and decided to go with Primal Blueprint. I actually ordered all four books.

So my plan is to read 21 Day as soon as I get it, and implement it. While it's running it's course, read Primal Blueprint. I'm assuming this is the right approach?

Thanks! And there will be more stupid questions to come.
    Last edited by Robokevin; 02-07-2012 at 08:42 PM.

soon2beslinky is offline Junior Member
    I was the same with the atkins advantage stuff and never felt great. I became "addicted" to the chocolate bars....

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great place to start. Real, whole foods are definitely best! Welcome!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Robokevin is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks guys. I've finished my cover-to-cover read of 21day, and I'm about to make the creamed kale from the recipe book, with haloumi fried in coconut oil as my main course.