Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: LeanGains - Attempt #2 I Think I've Got It? page

  1. #1
    thehallowprince's Avatar
    thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    850

    LeanGains - Attempt #2 I Think I've Got It?

    Shop Now
    So today was my workout day... did my training... that's not my issue. My issue is the food. LeanGains is a LOT of food... they weren't kidding when they said... EAT BIG! Non-workout days are a pinch and easy peezy... it's just primal eating. And fasting isn't an issue either... been fasting for over a year off and on without problem.

    So here was is my nutritional info today. I've got myself a journal so I can take tabs daily...

    Please bear with me... this is all soooo new. I've been primal for 2 years now and the idea of shoveling bread into my face and counting calories is as foreign as Russian (... a language I once spoke a little well and now can't hardly at all...)

    Tuesday = Big Eat Day = Training Day

    Calories = 2476
    Carbs = 311g
    Protein = 184g
    Fat = 45.5g

    Okay... well i didn't think it was possible but I got my carbs up there... and my calories. UGH. I am BURSTING at the seams now.

    I am 6 foot 5 inches tall and weight 202.8 lbs (as of this morning). I did some calculating and my calories should be about 3000 for workout days and 2000 for non-workout days.

    Please... please... am I doing this right? I think after much gnashing and reading I think I may finally have this down. Yes, I need to up the calories a bit more but right now my belly just won't accept any more...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

    "My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

  2. #2
    thehallowprince's Avatar
    thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    850
    Okay... I found a better calculator that says I should have 2700 calories on workout days and 1690 on non-workout days... so I guess my calories were good then... or at least close...

    EDIT: scratch that... i just figured it out again... 3000 a day for me on workout days... 2000 on non-workout days... yeesh. that will take getting used too
    Last edited by thehallowprince; 02-07-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

    "My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

  3. #3
    Fernaldo's Avatar
    Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    888
    Looks pretty solid. Counting is a pain in the beginning, but it gets easier. If you don't have a food scale, I highly recommend getting one. It makes life way easier. One thing I should mention, if you hadn't read it on the site, is on non-training days he advocates eating a slow digesting protein for your last meal of the day. I don't know what you position is on dairy, Martin ain't primal so he doesn't care, he suggests cottage cheese. If that's a no go, meat and a fiberous veggie.

    Good luck...

    The resident douchebag
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 02-07-2012 at 07:35 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Okay... I found a better calculator that says I should have 2700 calories on workout days and 1690 on non-workout days... so I guess my calories were good then... or at least close...

    EDIT: scratch that... i just figured it out again... 3000 a day for me on workout days... 2000 on non-workout days... yeesh. that will take getting used too
    are/were you using this? IF Calculator

    i'm impressed you got down that much lean protein. i'm not sure i'll be able to do that much on my first try tomorrow.

    i'm going to give this a shot, but it may just not work out. i'm not willing to use bread to hit the 60% carb macro, which means sweet potatoes and white rice.

    best of luck.

  5. #5
    thehallowprince's Avatar
    thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by healthpellets View Post
    are/were you using this? IF Calculator

    i'm impressed you got down that much lean protein. i'm not sure i'll be able to do that much on my first try tomorrow.

    i'm going to give this a shot, but it may just not work out. i'm not willing to use bread to hit the 60% carb macro, which means sweet potatoes and white rice.

    best of luck.
    i have to use bread... i just have to...i can't see myself getting high carb without it or pasta or rice or white potatoes.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

    "My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

  6. #6
    thehallowprince's Avatar
    thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Looks pretty solid. Counting is a pain in the beginning, but it gets easier. If you don't have a food scale, I highly recommend getting one. It makes life way easier. One thing I should mention, if you hadn't read it on the site, is on non-training days he advocates eating a slow digesting protein for your last meal of the day. I don't know what you position is on dairy, Martin ain't primal so he doesn't care, he suggests cottage cheese. If that's a no go, meat and a fiberous veggie.

    Good luck...

    The resident douchebag
    Thank you! ::breathes in deeply::

    Okay first off thanks for the advice on the slow digesting protein. I don't have any cottage cheese at the moment... but would greek yogurt do the same?

    Second, "the resident douchebag" should really be your signature... :-p
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

    "My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

  7. #7
    yodiewan's Avatar
    yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    i have to use bread... i just have to...i can't see myself getting high carb without it or pasta or rice or white potatoes.
    Please don't resort to gluten grains. White rice would be a much better choice. White potatoes are good too, but white rice is very carb dense, so it should make hitting your macros easier. You could even get some rice flour and do some Primal baking. Choco posted a banana bread recipe, I think on his food porn thread.

    Your macros look pretty solid. You did pretty good on keeping the fat low.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 02-08-2012 at 05:21 AM.

  8. #8
    yodiewan's Avatar
    yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Okay first off thanks for the advice on the slow digesting protein. I don't have any cottage cheese at the moment... but would greek yogurt do the same?
    I would think Greek yogurt would be just as good. They're both primarily casein, which is the slow-digesting protein in milk. The whey is mostly removed from both cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.

  9. #9
    thehallowprince's Avatar
    thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Please don't resort to gluten grains. White rice would be a much better choice. White potatoes are good too, but white rice is very carb dense, so it should make hitting your macros easier. You could even get some rice flour and do some Primal baking. Choco posted a banana bread recipe, I think on his food pron thread.

    Your macros look pretty solid. You did pretty good on keeping the fat low.
    Thanks, I mean, i'm just starting so it'll take some tweaking. Last night I did 5 bagels with low fat cream cheese... it was the quickest way for me to get my carbs up there where they needed to be... Part of it was honestly seeing if i could even shovel that much food into me!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

    "My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

  10. #10
    thehallowprince's Avatar
    thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I would think Greek yogurt would be just as good. They're both primarily casein, which is the slow-digesting protein in milk. The whey is mostly removed from both cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.
    Cool... i may find myself taking in some gluten based carbs now and again but I'm gonna do my damndest to try and achieve my leangains macros while still being 80/20 on primal.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

    "My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •