Thread: Anyone know the foods richest in iodine? page

Tealia is offline Senior Member

Question Anyone know the foods richest in iodine?

Primal Fuel
    I would like to experiment with naturally increasing my intake of iodine. Googling 'iodine rich foods' brings up eggs and milk as top. I KNOW that those can't be the best, because I hear a lot about the iodine in sea vegetables.

Any opinions on the dried snacking seaweed you can find in asian grocery stores?
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Dulse is amazing. Dipped in olive oil, baked, stir fried... you name it, it is pretty dang amazing!

My biggest problem is not overdoing it... there's a lotta iodine in a small amount of dulse, so you can't eat it like kale chips!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    All sea weeds... and they are delish!
    8. SEAWEEDS USED AS HUMAN FOOD
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    All sea weeds... and they are delish!
    8. SEAWEEDS USED AS HUMAN FOOD
    Searching for the word iodine brought me to a passage that describes how nori, and red seaweed lack iodine. Good to know! Now to hunt down some brown seaweed in stores!
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    And in case you missed the obvious, fish and seafood (from the ocean, not farmed). Things from the ocean have lots of iodine.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    I can't remember which thread it was, but someone mentioned Sea Seasonings, which is small flakes of sea vegetables. I think that would be a great help - add it instead of salt/pepper on top of eggs, veggies, steak...

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    You can also get kelp granules that come in a shaker bottle. Package says 1/4 teaspoon of granules = 3 mg of iodine. I've been adding to my salad every day and hardly even notice they are there. I also got a few varieties of seaweed to try, but haven't experimented there yet.