Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Isn't The Problem. You're The Problem. page 82

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    You didn't eat unlimited quantities of high-fat foods. You ate until you were full.
    Last edited by Kilian; 05-04-2012 at 01:20 AM.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    Actually, it should be lean body mass, not bodyweight.
    No it shouldn't. The calculation I'm referring to uses total body weight, not lean body mass.
    How to Estimate Maintenance Caloric Intake – Q&A
    Lean Mass or Total Weight to Set Calorie Levels – Q&A

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    You didn't eat unlimited quantities of high-fat foods. You ate until you were full.
    I'm still learning my satiety/hunger points, respectively.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss14 View Post
    Right, so +300 is 30 pounds, which is about what I lost in 2011, all while eating unlimited quantities of high-fat foods. So no wonder you keep hearing CICO doesn't matter (that's what people are saying -- no one is saying it doesn't hold, they're just saying it doesn't matter).
    It is very, very easy for your body to let go of fat when you're carrying a lot of extra weight. Your body doesn't want to get rid of it. The reason why CICO failed before was because you were surely eating the wrong types of food - low nutrient processed foods that promote little satiety. Basically, you were starving on a hunger level and starving on a nutritive level. No wonder it "didn't work." The fact is, if you lost weight, you were taking in a deficit and you didn't even know it. When you eat real food, your hunger reflects your current natural homeostasis - you were eating maintenance calories for a guy that weighed 30 pounds less, it was just effortless because you were eating real, nutritious foods that promoted satiety. CICO still worked, you just had no idea you were doing it.

And THAT'S why the Primal Blueprint works - it's sustainable.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It is very, very easy for your body to let go of fat when you're carrying a lot of extra weight. Your body doesn't want to get rid of it. The reason why CICO failed before was because you were surely eating the wrong types of food - low nutrient processed foods that promote little satiety. Basically, you were starving on a hunger level and starving on a nutritive level. No wonder it "didn't work." The fact is, if you lost weight, you were taking in a deficit and you didn't even know it. When you eat real food, your hunger reflects your current natural homeostasis - you were eating maintenance calories for a guy that weighed 30 pounds less, it was just effortless because you were eating real, nutritious foods that promoted satiety. CICO still worked, you just had no idea you were doing it.

And THAT'S why the Primal Blueprint works - it's sustainable.
    This.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    So.....i'm a little confused. At the moment i'm totally over-eating on white rice. That's ok, I can stop. But as a 26 y/o athletic male, with lowish BF %, should I be basing my diet around starch such as potato and squash? Should I then lower my fat intake? It'd help perhaps if Taco could give a template of two days worth of eating, one from a higher carb/lower fat day, and one from a lower carb/higher fat day.

I basically eat too much butter. Cut out the wheat entirely(it really does have a huge effect), eating a banana here and there and local fruit, a shed load of potato*. The two things i'm worried about are not eating enough and inflammation. What i have noticed however, is that just as I could go for long stretches without eating on a lower carb/high fat diet, I can do the same on higher carb/lower fat, providing I have requisite protein.

* Plus animal protein of course, such as lamb, beef and eggs mostly. Pork over the last week even though i don't enjoy as much, but rather for the sake of variety.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Why do you think you're overeating on rice? When I was morbidly obese and started Atkins, I ate everything in sight. From 330lbs to 220lbs or so I ate roughly 4000-6000 calories a day. Many people would say that's overeating, but it was still a deficit for me. The difference was that my meals weren't quite as crappy and processed as they had been (and still were much more so than they are now for me).

The reality is that very few people can honestly say they know exactly how many calories they need each day. If you're healthy and active you NEED more carbs than the sedentary Big Momma/Daddy Whomp Whomp's that think that a gram of sugar is the devil.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    At the moment i'm totally over-eating on white rice.
    Doubtful, Okinawans eat nearly two pounds a day on average. It should only be considered overeating if it causes you to exceed your TDEE.

archbox is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Consider this: it takes up to four years to remove excess omega 6 polyunsaturated fat from your system.
    Is there a source for this? I try to get quite a bit of ARA (omega 6) after a workout for the inflammatory effect on my muscles, especially since it's a conditionally essential fatty acid and helps with muscle growth: Arachidonic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit: Well, I should have gone through the thread better. Thanks choco for pointing this post out to me! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...html#post81128
    Last edited by archbox; 05-13-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    5'10", 140 lb, 21yo male. Primal for a year.

Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast