Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Isn't The Problem. You're The Problem. page 74

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailytribal View Post
    I heard oats have a shelf life of 6 to 12 months depending on how they are stored. And that is talking about them going rancid. Also what effects does avenin have on someone who doesn't have an issue with them? And can you show me proof that it can affect everyone?
    Are Oats Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    * mostly i just wanted to comment on this thread, cause everyone's doing it.
    lol

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    And again not everyone has celiac disease. The article says that people with celiac disease get issues. I might be very wrong but can I see an article that says everyone has an issue with avenin? I looked but could only find what was posted on this site.

If you're saying because some people have issues with it it is bad overall? Well then fish would be bad because some people can't consume that.

Now, I am wondering does phytic acid get absorbed in the body or just now allow the majority of the nutrients in the food with it to get absorbed? IF that is the case then why not eat the oatmeal only and later in the day have a meal without it?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    That is the oregular cherry garcia. Choco said to do it with a pint of cherry garcia FRO YO. Hence less fat and high gi.
    Sorry - I missed that. I've not seen that version on sale in the UK. I'll look out for it, and give it a whirl some time - sounds delicious.

I agree with neckhammer - that anyone seriously concerned about their insulin response should get a proper glucose tolerance test done.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

And again not everyone has celiac disease. The article says that people with celiac disease get issues. I might be very wrong but can I see an article that says everyone has an issue with avenin? I looked but could only find what was posted on this site.

If you're saying because some people have issues with it it is bad overall? Well then fish would be bad because some people can't consume that.

Now, I am wondering does phytic acid get absorbed in the body or just now allow the majority of the nutrients in the food with it to get absorbed? IF that is the case then why not eat the oatmeal only and later in the day have a meal without it?
    Everyone has issues - it's the nature of the beast. The whole evolutionary purpose of these lectins and saponins is to make you sick. Some people are simply more genetically resistant than others. A celiac is super-sensitive, but for most of us, it creeps up over time. Did you have acne at any point in your life? How about mild allergies? Sore joints? Dry skin patches or red blotches? Eczema? Psoriasis? Osteoporosis? Gout? Or one of a million other things I'm probably not even thinking of? I can't hardly find anyone my age - 25 - that isn't on a pill for SOMETHING because we're ALL sensitive to these things. I used to have allergies, acne, eczema, etc. I used to take allergy pills. Now, I take absolutely nothing because I don't need it. I would never fail a gluten test and oats would never immediately give me issues. The problem is when toxins build up over years and years.

Yes, we're all sensitive. It's not a question of if it'll get you but when.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Sorry - I missed that. I've not seen that version on sale in the UK. I'll look out for it, and give it a whirl some time - sounds delicious.

I agree with neckhammer - that anyone seriously concerned about their insulin response should get a proper glucose tolerance test done.
    B&J's just started with Greek yogurt flavors.

Something like Raspberry Fudge Chunk would be doable...sort of.

Ingredients: Skim Milk, Greek Yogurt (Cultured Skim Milk, Natural Flavor, Carrageenan), Liquid Sugar (Sugar, Water), Cream, Water, Sugar, Raspberry Puree, Corn Syrup Solids, Coconut Oil, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Egg Yolks, Cocoa Powder, Nonfat Yogurt Powder (Cultured Nonfat Milk), Locust Bean Gum, Butteroil, Soy Lecithin, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Pectin, Natural Flavors, Elderberry Juice Concentrate (For Color).

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen. They actually use coconut oil, butteroil and egg yolks, which makes me happy. It's a little fattier than I'd like (28g/pint) but manageable. There is 100g of sugar in the whole pint, so it's serious business...

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Everyone has issues - it's the nature of the beast. The whole evolutionary purpose of these lectins and saponins is to make you sick. Some people are simply more genetically resistant than others. A celiac is super-sensitive, but for most of us, it creeps up over time. Did you have acne at any point in your life? How about mild allergies? Sore joints? Dry skin patches or red blotches? Eczema? Psoriasis? Osteoporosis? Gout? Or one of a million other things I'm probably not even thinking of? I can't hardly find anyone my age - 25 - that isn't on a pill for SOMETHING because we're ALL sensitive to these things. I used to have allergies, acne, eczema, etc. I used to take allergy pills. Now, I take absolutely nothing because I don't need it. I would never fail a gluten test and oats would never immediately give me issues. The problem is when toxins build up over years and years.

Yes, we're all sensitive. It's not a question of if it'll get you but when.
    That is fine. But even off of all wheat and oats I still have symptoms. So I doubt that that is what causes my issues.

Even then my issues weren't bad for me to use a pill. Just for my asthma but that went a way when I was younger and still eating all the garbage I ate.
    Last edited by Dailytribal; 04-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.

That is fine. But even off of all wheat and oats I still have symptoms. So I doubt that that is what causes my issues.

Even then my issues weren't bad for me to use a pill. Just for my asthma but that went a way when I was younger and still eating all the garbage I ate.
    How long have you been off wheat and oats? It often takes 6-12 months being grain-free to really see benefits. If some of your issues are from a high PUFA diet, it can take up to a decade to flush all the excess PUFA out of your system. You have to be Primal for years to really see all the benefits, not months. It takes years to damage your body and create modern disease. It's not fair to think you'll be able to fix decades of issues in mere months, or even a few years.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Something I learned a long time ago - just because something causes a problem doesn't mean it's the only thing causing a problem.

In reverse, just because removing something doesn't fix the problem, that doesn't mean it wasn't a problem.

Most people that have issues with food tend to have issues with more than one food. They just don't always realize it until all other problems have been removed or the problem gets worse and can't be ignored. So if you have a problem with gluten and dairy, removing gluten may or may not make you feel better because you still are consuming dairy. And that can tend to you make you think the gluten wasn't a problem at all since you still feel like crap.

Most things in life have more than one lone cause.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Something I learned a long time ago - just because something causes a problem doesn't mean it's the only thing causing a problem.

In reverse, just because removing something doesn't fix the problem, that doesn't mean it wasn't a problem.

Most people that have issues with food tend to have issues with more than one food. They just don't always realize it until all other problems have been removed or the problem gets worse and can't be ignored. So if you have a problem with gluten and dairy, removing gluten may or may not make you feel better because you still are consuming dairy. And that can tend to you make you think the gluten wasn't a problem at all since you still feel like crap.

Most things in life have more than one lone cause.
    +1. It's important and at the same time very challenging to isolate variables and remain patient enough to wait for results. If you have the confidence to tinker around with multiple variables and believe you can disentangle the various signals from your body then go ahead.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast