Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Isn't The Problem. You're The Problem. page 36

harambur is offline Member
    It's kind of depressing that he died at 58 of a stroke with such a primal like way of living. lol But hell, he must have a hell of 58 years until the stroke cut it short. Maybe a little bit more red wine would have helped him out?

Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    There's a huge amount of emphasis on optimizing a lot of small factors when it comes to exercise and building muscle. I blame the supplement industry that tells people they need an entire cabinet full of specially formulated products and must take them within an exact time frame otherwise all their work was pointless and they'll just never achieve their goals.

Eugene Sandow was born in 1867 and died in 1925. This guy managed to build a level of strength, athleticism, and overall fitness that puts many modern athletes to absolute shame, and he did all of it without creatine, 5 different kinds of protein powder, advanced recovery formulas, exercise stacks, fat burners, shred systems, and all that other stuff. He did it with willpower, a good training routine, and a diet based on real foods. Here's what he says about his diet and habits:

"I do not care for anything intoxicating (hard liquor), but do enjoy a beer or some wine on occasion. I never touch tea or coffee. I eat "plain", wholesome food for the most part, but do "indulge" on occasion. I have my meals at regular intervals, and prefer simple foods that are easy to digest. I chew my food well and believe strongly that mastication is a key to good health. I believe a good nights sleep is very important in maintaining health. I am not able, due to my performance schedule, to go to bed before midnight, so I remain in bed asleep until 11 typically."

Hmmmm....that all sounds pretty damn familiar.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harambur View Post
    It's kind of depressing that he died at 58 of a stroke with such a primal like way of living. lol But hell, he must have a hell of 58 years until the stroke cut it short. Maybe a little bit more red wine would have helped him out?
    No clue, but eating real food doesn't make you invincible or ensure a long and healthy life, messed up things can still happen, life is shitty like that.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    No clue, but eating real food doesn't make you invincible or ensure a long and healthy life, messed up things can still happen, life is shitty like that.
    Haha exactly. This is why I just cannot stress over nutrition THAT much. I sent something to a co-worker regarding food and he, in jest, sent me a pic that said "Eat Right. Exercise. Die Anyway." and I thought it was hilarious and painfully true. Obviously, enjoying a good quality of life is important, but never for a moment think this shit is going to make you bullet proof. It'll just make living way more awesome.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Haha exactly. This is why I just cannot stress over nutrition THAT much. I sent something to a co-worker regarding food and he, in jest, sent me a pic that said "Eat Right. Exercise. Die Anyway." and I thought it was hilarious and painfully true. Obviously, enjoying a good quality of life is important, but never for a moment think this shit is going to make you bullet proof. It'll just make living way more awesome.
    Of course eating right can make you bulletproof. It's certainly one of the keys of getting out of the whole sh1t happens mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by ss14 View Post
    Been eating not many carbs lately, feel great. Waist is thinner at age 27 than it was at 12. Getting my sprinting speed, quick wit, and nimble mind back.

My biggest carb intake of late was the day after St. Patrick's Day. I slept in, skipped breakfast, and had an early lunch at a Puerto Rican cafe here in Chicago. And I went nuts on carbs, not because I was really craving them, but because they were there -- and fresh and well cooked.

So how did the piles of bread, beans, plantains, and potatoes treat me? I slept all afternoon and wasted the whole day. "I'm the problem," still, I guess, but since I can't switch bodies with chocotaco369, I think I'll just continue to avoid carbs.
    I don't understand everybody's hurt feelings. Don't eat shit carb sources (breads mostly that list - long live plantains) and you'll be fine. Also I would hope that if you're going to get butt-hurt that you meet all the other "requirements" as in: you're not fat, you're active, you've been primal at least 2-3 months. If you're not all of those, you don't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Of course eating right can make you bulletproof. It's certainly one of the keys of getting out of the whole sh1t happens mentality.
    I'm talking about actual bullets, what are you talking about?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm talking about actual bullets, what are you talking about?
    Same thing.

ss14 is offline Member
    I don't understand everybody's hurt feelings. Don't eat shit carb sources (breads mostly that list - long live plantains) and you'll be fine. Also I would hope that if you're going to get butt-hurt that you meet all the other "requirements" as in: you're not fat, you're active, you've been primal at least 2-3 months. If you're not all of those, you don't apply.
    Are you telling me that I'd have been doing backflips all afternoon if all that carbohydrate was plantains?

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    Are you telling me that I'd have been doing backflips all afternoon if all that carbohydrate was plantains?
    I hope this is sarcasm.
    "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been eating not many carbs lately, feel great. Waist is thinner at age 27 than it was at 12. Getting my sprinting speed, quick wit, and nimble mind back.

My biggest carb intake of late was the day after St. Patrick's Day. I slept in, skipped breakfast, and had an early lunch at a Puerto Rican cafe here in Chicago. And I went nuts on carbs, not because I was really craving them, but because they were there -- and fresh and well cooked.

So how did the piles of bread, beans, plantains, and potatoes treat me? I slept all afternoon and wasted the whole day. "I'm the problem," still, I guess, but since I can't switch bodies with chocotaco369, I think I'll just continue to avoid carbs.
    Are you serious? You ate bread and beans? Along with a massive meal fried in soybean oil? And you're blaming "carbs"? This has nothing to do with carbohydrate. This has everything to do with you shoveling down toxic food fried in poisonous oil into your mouth in massive quantities that your body didn't need. You overate, and you overate horrible, poisonous food. The only thing edible in your meal were potatoes and plantains, and it wouldn't matter because they were soaked in rancid PUFA oil.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast