Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Isn't The Problem. You're The Problem. page 11

Mountainduck is offline Member
    Shop Now
    .................dangit.....why can't I remember that guy's last name????.............

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainduck View Post
    .................dangit.....why can't I remember that guy's last name????.............
    Memory is weird like that.It'd probably help if the guy had a website with a large forum and so on,but sadly this isn't the case,so we'll have to just suffer through not knowing.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    No offense, @lex, I can tell you have a lot of valuable things to say but your lack of spaces after your punctuation makes it painful to read more than a sentence or so. Same goes for folks who put the spaces before the commas instead of after and those who replace all punctuation with ~ marks.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

I'm sorry to hear that,but I'm staying the course on this one.

Mountainduck is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Memory is weird like that.It'd probably help if the guy had a website with a large forum and so on,but sadly this isn't the case,so we'll have to just suffer through not knowing.
    I must have VLC induced brain fog. Are Granny Smith apples less carby than Galas????

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainduck View Post
    I must have VLC induced brain fog. Are Granny Smith apples less carby than Galas????
    Don't eat apples! The average apple has like 30 grams of carbs! Death! Your family will leave you! Your dog will poop on the rug! The economy will fail!

I can see what sbhikes means about my punctuation,it's pretty damn annoying now that I focus on it lol.

ttwagneriii is offline Junior Member
    You know, I have it on good authority that "Sisson" is Nordic for "potato."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Choco - didn't I read that you gained weight and got all flabby on your recent 30DOPE? So, you were eating PUFA's and donuts? What happened? Carbs?
    I didn't get flabby. I don't think my body fat really changed. I bloated up a bit, but I also added a lot to my lifts. I was eating much higher fat than usual - duck, chicken legs, ribeyes and eggs like mad. I'm lean to the point where my body partitions dietary fat as body fat more than carbohydrate. I think the issue was I was nutrient deprived from that stint of the UD2 I did and I was really craving saturated fat. I feel much better now and my appetite has decreased a bit. I shed weight pretty easily so I'm not concerned.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

primalryza is offline Junior Member
    Wow...you don't check the boards for a few days and look what happens! I just want to throw out a bit of support for the idea that Choco has thrown out here. I am female, and active, and have been PB for a couple of years. I actually started gaining weight after about 6-8 months of PB and eating 50-100g carbs, so I went lower, I kept carbs under 50g, and I gained/maintained, I could not lose. I did not consider the benefit of "carbing up" until I read Choco's original thread. I started carbing up about 3 weeks ago, and following a similar pattern to Choco's really. My carbs are usually under 50 on rest days, and around 200g on lifting days. I have lost close to 5 pounds, with less exercise, and more energy, and I feel so much better. I was NOT doing my body a service by staying low carb all the time.

I think it is helpful to let people know that if you are stuck, if you aren't losing, and if you are at a close to goal weight, then increasing carbs occasionally might HELP. I know that I was stuck in the "I have to eat low carb to lose" mindset, and I did need something (or someone) to shake up my belief system a bit, and help me realize that there might be a better way for ME to lose weight.

I am sure that it won't be beneficial for everyone to lose weight, or increase their health this way. But it is a valid way to lose the last bit of bodyfat. It works, and I still don't eat grains. I eat sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, yogurt, etc. and I really look forward to my carb up days. I feel like I get a better balance of nutrients this way also.

PrimalCon New York
    Today was a higher carb day for me because I did a fairly intense kettlebell and calisthenic circuit. My carbs were two medium potatoes and a bowl of white rice with vegetables, which would total somewhere around 150-170 grams I think. This is an example of a high carb day for someone who is in the process of losing weight still, but also actively exercising. It's not good to stay low carb and increase your activity levels at the same time, it taxes the body and limits the potential of your workouts. Tomorrow is a rest day, so I'll eat maybe 50-70 grams of carbs, a lot of healthy fat, and do some light exercise like swinging Indian clubs and so on. This method helps me burn fat fast and get the most out of my workout days. I tried working out with very low carbs....an 88 pound kettlebell felt like it weighed as much as I do.

Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast