Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: increased stomach fat at start page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

increased stomach fat at start

Shop Now
    Hi, I've been primal about 4 days now, not long i know, but my midsection seems to be expanding at a slight but noticeable rate, i have been eating an avocado a day and a fair amount of butter, is it maybe that my body has yet to switch fuels and all this fat im eating is being stored?
    also my skin seems to have gotten slightly worse, one of the reasons im excited about this diet is people saying their skin has gotten much better, is this all maybe a case of getting worse before it gets better? i am in this lifestyle for the long run, since quitting grains the thought of a gluey bowl of oatmeal for breakfast makes me queasy haha

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure about the whole 'switching fuel' theory, but there are many factors that go into gaining weight. Knowing more information about you would help. How many calories are you eating? Are you tracking your macros? What's your exercise regimen like? How much is a lot of butter? What's a sample daily menu for you?

i thought the whole premise of this diet was that fat became your main source of energy?

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    That is the goal, but you can still consume beyond your maintenance level, which could be used in gaining weight. For me, drinking a can of coconut milk on a daily basis is great because it's full of fat, however, I can't afford the extra 800 calories in my diet. For me and my activity level, it's just not conducive.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    No,the whole premise of the diet is the eliminate modern and unhealthy foods from your diet and eat healthy,whole,and natural foods which will lead to better overall health.Fat doesn't need to be your main source of energy,many people do high carb paleo,but they get their carbs from natural foods and not garbage.You could be gaining weight for many reasons,it might not even be actual weight and you could just be bloating out and so on,List an example of your meals on an average day and that can help us see if anything is off.

im actually fairly skinny, i just seem to be getting a bigger gut, i'm doing this diet to clear my skin and feel better as well as build lean muscle, i think maybe i need to lift more and be patient, cheers

breakfast: 3 egg omelete with butter
    lunch: tenderleaf salad, pepper, tomatoes, avocado, pine nuts, carrots, olive oil
    snack: almonds and an apple
    dinner: large steak cooked in butter, spinach

Kunko is offline Member
    you might be getting more carbs than you think you are, I learned to my my eternal anger that apples have A LOT of carbs in them (by a lot I mean a medium apple has like ~25g) so maybe look at how many carbs you are taking in?

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    im actually fairly skinny, i just seem to be getting a bigger gut, i'm doing this diet to clear my skin and feel better as well as build lean muscle, i think maybe i need to lift more and be patient, cheers
    a good probiotic might really help--if skin is getting worse, could be detoxing. Drink lots of H20 also to flush stuff.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Four days is hardly enough time for your diet to have had a lot of effect on your skin or abdominal fat levels. Are you male or female?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast