Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with guilt from an unplanned cheat meal page

BareFootHarvey is offline Junior Member

Question Dealing with guilt from an unplanned cheat meal

Primal Fuel
    Hello all,

This is my first time ever posting here but I have been searching through the threads for a couple months now and am just getting started reading the Primal Blue Print. I have tried many diets and have always had success with them but have been unable to maintain them. My goal right now is fat loss. For the past 6 days I have been all out primal but with construction going on at the house tonight I cheated with 3 slices of pizza and 2 sodas. I feel guilty as hell now. Does anyone else feel this way after a bad meal and if so how do you deal with it? I play such mind games with myself, and I think I look in the mirror too much. I wish there were none is the house.

Thanks,

Harvey

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    First, it's not a DIET. Second, just go back to eating Primal. This is a lifestyle change, and will take some adjusting. Free your mind, and your Grok will follow.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    What is there to feel guilty about? It's eating some unplanned food, don't make it more than it is...

Sorry I did not mean to call it a diet. Thats the problem diets dont last.

Thanks

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    There will be times in life where you will want to eat these things, or where they'll serve a purpose such as certain social gatherings. Learn to relax about them but to make them rare instances. For instance, my office orders pizza to welcome new employees, this has happened 3 times since I started 8 months ago. Only once did I pass on the pizza, and only because I had a pretty huge primal meal I had brought to work. Today was another pizza party and after eating my meal and some of the salad that was ordered, I had a slice of pizza. Just make a real effort to make as many of your meals primal, don't sweat the small stuff.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The stress from feeling guilty is just going to compound any harm from your "cheat" (don't even get me started on that word). You ate some pizza. You can't un-eat it. Just move on and get back to primal eating and living--you do know this is about more than a diet, right?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I feel like a pushed my goals further away, thats all.

Owly I sure do. I love the whole package. Feels more real, than anything else. So glad I dont have to live in a gym too.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BareFootHarvey View Post
    I feel like a pushed my goals further away, thats all.
    Just keep in mind that this doesn't work like that. I eat some if my son's graham crackers from time to time. It's not going to kill me and I keep it to an extreme minimum. With the PB, guilt doesn't exist, because it's about looking at the totality of what you eat over the course of time, not one day.

You'll be fine, free yourself from guilt and you'll feel much better.

Agreed thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast