Thread: Robb Wolf - Paleo Diet: Re Weight page

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Robb Wolf - Paleo Diet: Re Weight

Primal Fuel
    Robb has new post - I like this step:
    "4-Give some thought about what a reasonable portion size is. Lead with protein, have “lots” of veggies, don’t go wild on the fat sources so we can get both appetite suppression via the protein AND a mild calorie restriction. K?"
    Paleo Diet: Am I losing enough weight?

Ayla is offline Senior Member
    Robb is always so vague about weight loss... I just re-read his book and he never actually gives ideas for what to do when you are fully paleo/primal but the excess belly flab hasn't budged in a year.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Robb is always so vague about weight loss... I just re-read his book and he never actually gives ideas for what to do when you are fully paleo/primal but the excess belly flab hasn't budged in a year.
    That's because he's about health more than weight.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I think Robb Wolf's stuff is less focussed on weight loss than Mark Sisson's stuff is, which is sort of funny since I found that the stricter Robb Wolf style paleo is what's currently helping me drop a bit more fat (and not low carb!). I think it's that he wants you to do the 30-day paleo thing and watch for health improvements more than fat loss, whatever those improvements might be. Once you hit a healthy weight, then getting thinner is more about vanity than wellness, and he doesn't seem to be as interested in that aspect.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    I read this article today on the primal feed app and I loved it! Because focusing on weight loss can make people nutty. It's both basic and mysterious simultaneously. so I appreciated his reminder to just live your life during the setbacks and plateaus. It reminded me of our amazing elderly pediatrician in SF who was very wholistic and forward thinking, and when we nervously asked him what books we should buy he waved his hand and said 'lay in a good supply of long, involved, well written novels!' Because that infant's gonna grow and you're gonna lose fat whether you obsess over it or not! His essay made me smile today...