Thread: Am I undereating? page

MvEssen is offline Senior Member

Am I undereating?

Shop Now
    Ok I just can't wrap my head around this. I've been Primal for almost a year. I feel fine, slightly better than before really (I was never unhealthy, last time I was sick was summer of 2008. I look even better, better skin, whiter teeth and lost 60lbs. I'm starting to see the top abs, but this has been true for the last few months. And I still have a nasty belly really .

Now there's plenty of things I haven't tried yet really. I should add in some HIT (and I will, but can't until april because I'm getting surgery on my eyes, have always had bad eye sight and they are going to fix that). I could drop alcohol and dairy (but I'd miss cheese to much really, thats nearly the only dairy I have). But I want to adres this first.

I'm a 6" male weighing 178lbs. I'm also Dutch and a student so I ride my bike to work, college, supermarket, butcher, etc. At my job I walk a lot. So my move slowly is quite save. During weekends I dance like a retard in clubs, todat I went iceskating, I go snowboarding ten days a year and during the summer you'll find me spending most my time and money on music festivals being crazy. So my play is fine as well.

When I see people asking why they are not losing I often see people telling them they are eating to little. I've always felt I was a big eater and this would never be my case. But the more I start to think about what I've eaten and how much calories it is I'm starting to wonder if this is true. Today I've only had one meal, at my parents place. My dad said it was 750gr meat, 750gr veggies and 5 eggs for the 3 of us. I'm pretty much full, to be honest I''m hardly ever really hungry.

I normally eat 1 or 2 meals a day. Yesterday for example was 700gr of salmon with 450gr of broccoli. My diet normally is more diverse, lots of different vegetables. On most days I eat about 500gr of beef (sometimes pig or horse, very rarely chicken) and around 3 big bowls of veggies (1 bowl of white mushrooms is 250gr). I mostly use coconut oil as cooking fat, sometimes olive oil (and untill two weeks ago also butter). Maybe trow in a can of coconut milk or a tbl of honey if the recipe calls for it (lets say once a week for both). I always thought this was quite a lot, my friends seem to think so (to quote one friend "If I'd eat like you do I'd get fat for sure"). But if I'd count the calories from this it's only like 1500.

Should I eat more? Maybe go back to three meals a day? Or any other advise?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Are you lifting and sprinting? If not time to to hoist some iron.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    I can't do any lifting or sprinting until april really. Because they are putting a lens inside my right eye next thursday and in my left eye in a month. Can't put pressure on the eye for at least two weeks after surgery.

In april I'll start rock climbing .

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Fair enough you don't want to risk your eyes that is for sure. There are a few climbers on here so welcome.
    Rock climbing with some other body-weight work will help get more muscle on you and get things going.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!