Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first lipid and CBC test

My first lipid and CBC test

Shop Now
    Hey everyone, I've been primal since the summer. I've never been big into testing because I'd rather spend that $$$ on some beef or grass fed butter (which I can eat by the spoonful)
    And I've seen great results just looking in the mirror

My curiosity got the best of me and I made an appointment for a lipid and CBC test this Wednesday in the morning. All that I know is that I'm supposed to be fasting. Anything else so that I don't screw up my test results?

I heard that I also should stop taking any supplements a day or two before and just drink water

No alcohol the day before--can skew the cholesterol, so I've read. Don't know how much that's true, but worth considering, if it's not a big deal.

Oh, sorry, I'm 20 and live in the US
    male, 5'11", ~150 lbs, etc.

I've heard that if you're supplementing with fish oil you need to cut that out 3+ days before blood draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    I've heard that if you're supplementing with fish oil you need to cut that out 3+ days before blood draw.
    Funny, I ran out of my fish oil supplement on sunday anyway

Results, in mg/dL
    TC: 149
    HDL: 57
    LDL: 83
    Trig: 47
    Glucose: 66

People are saying that I only have good numbers because I'm young (20), and not because of what I eat (or don't eat) x.x
    I directed them to fat head but they said it doesn't say his numbers on the wiki page. Would anyone know what they are?

Who cares what they say? Your numbers are great - rejoice!!!
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less

Shop Now
    I don't care too much about the numbers, I feel great anyway. I just want the people that I care about to not be so cynical towards my diet (and ideally adopt it themselves).