Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Power lifting and weight loss page 3

Raavak is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I just found it on Google. I have been doing Stronglifts 5x5 off and on for a year (mostly off I guess). I've gotten stronger but not really lost weight. I actually don't care what that weight number is, what I care about is my belly hanging over my waistband or my double chin.

So what is they key? Low carbs, high protein, and powerlifting? I have read on Starting Strength that some people who are cutting while powerlifting will just go low carb on their days off and eat some carbs sometime before they lift. Does this make sense?

And I know, I should cut out the beer... that's the hardest thing.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Eat meat, veggies, fruits and coconut. If you're wondering if you're eating too much of something, you probably are.

Also, don't cheat. ''But but... beer-chocolate-oreos-twinkies-yogourt-oatm...''

Don't. Cheat.

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    I've started LeanGains and like what I've seen. A lot of people say it's not about calories, but they do have something to do with it IMO. I find I get hungrier while lifting heavy so if I don't watch, I can easily go over.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
    I've started LeanGains and like what I've seen. A lot of people say it's not about calories, but they do have something to do with it IMO. I find I get hungrier while lifting heavy so if I don't watch, I can easily go over.
    Are you just following leangains straight-up? Is it hard to do eating Primal? I keep thinking about starting it, but it's more counting than I'm into right now, and I typically like working out 5 days a week in some capacity. Do you mind providing a few details about how your doing it and results?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123