Thread: A few days in... page

RobPhoboS is offline Junior Member

A few days in...

Shop Now
    Hey guys,

Thought I'd start a brief thread here to say hello and most importantly THANK you to all of the people out there who researched and re-discovered this way of eating

I'm currently on my 4th day and have found the switch incredibly easy. I guess this could in part be down to the fact I had done a ketogenic diet about 5 years ago, so there aren't really any surprises for me.
    The main reasons for me switching to this paleo way of eating is primarily as I thought I was starting to get IBS, and for the last month at work I had taken a loperamide hydrochloride cap to help prevent umteen trips to the bog
    The next big reason is to shed some fat.
    I've been regularly exercising with SS cardio (40mins), about 3-4 days a week, plus a HIIT day here and there to mix things up on the cross trainer. I stopped lifting weights a few months ago as the garage got full with stuff (olympic bb - huge) , leaving only the cross trainer with enough room around it to train on.
    I'll start lifting again most likely this week as I clear more space in there, I was previously doing deadlifts, squats, dips, shoulder press, db incline press (can't do flat bench with bb/db seem to have a shoulder injury that is aggravated by those movements). I'd usually do 3 types of lift per session, primarily following info from here:
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

Lastly, it looks like I'll be doing 1 day of MMA training.
    So, 1-2 weight lifting days, 1 mma, and 2-3 cardio (steady state), so I'm aiming to ensure at least 4 days I'm active.

I bought Mark's (blueprint) and Robb's (solution) books, and have been listening to podcasts for a few days, so I'm slowly getting clued up on all of the other incredible benefits from eating like this. I can't see why I'd want to stop eating this way from now on.

Anyway, hope to learn plenty more and perhaps get some other people involved as well
    Last edited by RobPhoboS; 02-05-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Freaker is offline Member
    Sounds like you are off to a great start. Good luck.
    Starting Weight - January 3, 2012 - 276.4 lbs
    One Month - February 3, 2012 - 260.8 lbs
    Two Months - March 3, 2012 - 253.8 lbs

Current Weight - April 3, 2012 - 246.0 lbs

My Journal

My new blog dedicated to creative writing and dark spirits

RobPhoboS is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Cheers

I think one of my biggest things to give up is beer & ale, I didn't drink too much of it but I'm going to miss it that's for sure.
    Starting weight - Feb 2nd : 101Kg (appx)
    Current - 95kg