Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: male pattern baldness page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The difference between a shiny dome and a short buzz is not the point here - the OP must be talked out of rogaine. That is the purpose behind which we are all united.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

DanielP is offline Junior Member
    I have a full head of hair except for that fifties onset receding bit on the flanks which I think makes a buzz-cut unappealing. Also, it's very thin (think Tom Petty). My head's shape doesn't fill me with confidence for going with it shaved. I think I envy men with well shaped heads who can shave them clean.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I started going bald around age 20 when my barber told me I had a tan scalp, which was my first clue. I told the barber, " Well, I have a sunroof in my car!" LOL But every morning I woke up with more hair on my pillow. I tried all sorts of hair styles, grew the beard, and now buzz the head with a #1. My wife hates it when I shave the beard, so it has only been done a few times since our honeymoon. I met her when I was done playing around in my early 30s. She is a trophy bride too. So, It happens. cori93437 is right though. Girls can be tough on you, some truly don't like us, but some do find the bald look sexy. And with so many guys rippling with the muscled look shaving their heads. It makes bald better than it was in the 70s and 80s. Hang tough, develop your mind and body.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

PrimalStewart is offline Banned
    I have dealt with this problem for a number of years now, and I am only 25! So, you are not alone. I actually have a theory about this; one that is substantiated by some studies that were done (though I can't find exact ones now to be sure). The culprit - as with many health related issues - is once again wheat. From what I understand, when baldness occurs, the body undergoes an auto immune response in which the follicle is triggered to reject the hair on the prone areas of the scalp. Ever notice that when you started going bald....the scalp felt inflamed, red, itchy.....? Inflammation....autoimmune...

wheat....

causes....

inflammation and auto immune issues. it is really not too hard to link the 2 together. I'm not saying that humans would not experience baldness as a natural sign of maturation; but once again the process, I think, is rapidly hastened and even aggravated by our dietary consumption of wheat and grain based cereal foods. My roommate and I are both going primal, and in the first week he told me that his acne problem had lessened from the change in diet. Once again an inflammation response was done away with by eliminating wheat. I had an excess sebum production on my face, etc, and that was attenuated by removing grains, too.

That's at least what I have come to believe about the whole "hair loss" thing.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Go bald....although I find since going primal hair grows faster and thicker so it takes a lot of work to keep it clean but well worth it.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    baldness isn't something you should worry about avoiding- it is a signal to people within half a mile of you that you have acquired wisdom, and can be relied upon to share your knowledge of seasonal migrations, weather patterns, clan family dynamics and cultural insight. Cue the reptile brain son, mad ladies be lookin for that kinda knowledge and impression.
    Wrong, most ancient cultures viewed it as a curse.

My hair has been going back and forth between receding/thinning and growing back for a year now and the only common factor I can find is orgasm. Whenever I have frequent orgasms (whether aided or self induced) I seem to start going bald again. At twenty. Life sucks.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Wrong, most ancient cultures viewed it as a curse.
    Because it is seen as a sign of youth, virility and strength....Delilah took Samson's hair taking his strength. BUT if a confident man takes his own hair to be reborn as new primal animal strong and in charge of his destiny - that is a different thing"
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    BUT if a confident man takes his own hair to be reborn as new primal animal strong and in charge of his destiny - that is a different thing"
    There is no precedent for that in history. People with shaved heads have historically been prisoners, slaves and monks.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    There is no precedent for that in history. People with shaved heads have historically been prisoners, slaves and monks.
    I know...I am talking now.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    I've been shaving my head for probably seven years now. Would never go back to growing out the 100 hairs on top my head. I feel sorry for guys that try to hold on to what clearly isn't much there any more. Could care less what others think or don't think about it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast