Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo diet cures MS page

Classic is offline Senior Member

Paleo diet cures MS

Primal Fuel
    I saw this video on Food Renegade.com. Here is a doctor who tried the conventional cures for MS and after years of decline decided to do some research into what dietary needs our brains have and then joined the paleo journey to health. This is an excellent video to send to all your friends that have MS. Since I live in the NW I know quite a few.

Reversing MS Through Dietary Changes | Food Renegade

Barb is offline Senior Member
    This is a great video - concise, credible, watchable. First she cured herself of MS and then she did a research study using a paleo diet to treat MS for other patients and says to stay tuned for results which will be presented at a neurology conference soon - she promises the results are "mind boggling" (or similar term). Here is the gist of the diet she created to heal herself:

3 cups green leafy veg per day
    3 cups sulfur rich veg per day (cruciferous, onion, mushroom, asparagus)
    Brightly colored veg and fruit daily
    organ meat weekly
    seaweed weekly
    grass fed and wild caught meat, seafood, eggs daily.

Only thing she didn't really discuss was types of fats she eats.

Well worth a watch! thanks!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    This story has been posted before~ that's when I first read it~ I'm really glad to see it up here again~ it is so important, I think it should be a sticky!

Wafaa is offline Member
    I had not seen this video, but it's truly inspiring. It's making me want to eat some more leafy greens and put more effort into eating organ meat.
    My art blog.

Raine is offline Member
    Dr Wahls has NOT cured herself, she has stopped the progression of her MS and improved it to the point she can now walk, ride a bike etc. But she still can't run or do her martial arts. Her diet has paleo as it's base but it goes way beyond paleo, doing just paleo won't get the results she has had. She calls it the WAHLS protocol. You need to join her on facebook to get the real story. The fats she eats and recommends are grass fed butter, lard, coconut oil and olive oil, as she says the brain is 60-70% percent fat so it is vital that we eat saturated fats. Also omega 3 fatty acids are absoluetly vital for a healthy brain.
    Last edited by Raine; 02-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Dr Wahls has NOT cured herself, she has stopped the progression of her MS and improved it to the point she can now walk, ride a bike etc. But she still can't run or do her martial arts. Her diet has paleo as it's base but it goes way beyond paleo, doing just paleo won't get the results she has had. She calls it the WAHLS protocol. You need to join her on facebook to get the real story. The fats she eats and recommends are grass fed butter, lard, coconut oil and olive oil, as she says the brain is 60-70% percent fat so it is vital that we eat saturated fats. Also omega 3 fatty acids are absoluetly vital for a healthy brain.
    +1

Title was to get peoples attention.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Complaining that someone with MS, formerly wheelchair bound, cannot do martial arts is, to put it kindly, nitpicking, and her diet is absolutely compatible with paleo - it's just more detailed. It's a great story.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

I am looking forward to hearing how their study worked.

Raine is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Complaining that someone with MS, formerly wheelchair bound, cannot do martial arts is, to put it kindly, nitpicking, and her diet is absolutely compatible with paleo - it's just more detailed. It's a great story.
    Hardly, it is not nitpicking at all, it is stating the actual facts which are VERY important to everyone with a serious disease that is interested in Dr Wahls. You have obviously never suffered from a serious disease that has robbed you of your normal life. There is a massive difference between cured and halting the progression of a disease. It is extremely cruel to tell people that are seriously ill, that a diet will cure them, when it hasn't cured anyone. They end up blaming themselves and becoming depressed when it doesn't happen. Dr Wahls has also said on facebook that if she goes off the plan slightly her symptoms go down hill again.

The actual facts need to be clearly stated if people are to benefit from her diet.
    Last edited by Raine; 02-06-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast