Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 days in and I feel like garbage page

@lex is offline Senior Member

10 days in and I feel like garbage

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok,so I'm about 10 days in and for the past few days I've been running into some issues.I feel awful,I'
    m cold and clammy and have a headache and just generally feel achy and miserable.I'm not sure if this is the dreaded low carb flu or if I'm actually sick,but it's a real pain.Anyone have any insight into this? I take fish oil and vitamin D daily and try to eat vegetables with every meal.I try to take in enough fat,but I don't actually know if I'm getting enough.

Britt is offline Senior Member
    I aim for around 100g of fat a day. Check out the DailyBurn tracker or something similar if you're worried about not getting enough fat.

Otherwise, take it easy and look forward to not having the low carb flu soon.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Kunko is offline Member
    This may sound weird, but those are the symptoms I get when my glucose is lower than what I'm used to. So it could be the carb flu, just from your body readjusting.

Soon after posting this I went and ate a mixed salad with chicken that had been drowned in oilve oil and melted butter.It made me feel better,not to say I'm back to 100%,but it certainly took the edge off and made things less awful.I'm gonna have to chalk this all up to my body throwing a tantrum,because I've never had a legit sickness that was alleviated by eating a bunch of vegetables and chicken swimming in butter and oil.

It's all just very confusing at times.One minute I read something that says lower carb diets are great for people backed up by numerous testimonials,then something that says they're a metabolic disaster with reports of people suffering serious health effects,and numerous other things that fall between the two extremes.It's almost like the more I try to learn about nutrition the less I actually know.

Grizz is offline Banned
    @lex,

You can only follow one God. Completely disregard any & all nutrition advice unless it is in the book The Paleo Solution or Mark's book, the Primal Blueprint. I put the same screen up for doctors. The only 3 doctors that I trust for medical advice are Dr. Davis, Dr. Kruse and Dr. Brownstein.
    Otherwise conflicting information will drive you batty.

Grizz

So you're saying stay the course and ride out the wave of BS my body is throwing at me?

Interesting side note,my girl looked at me a few minutes ago and said I looked like I was going through withdrawal.Now,for the sake of informing everyone,before I switched to paleo I ate a ton of garbage food and carbs,things like candy,pasta,snack cakes,and all that typical junk.It could very well be that my body is just reacting poorly to the sudden change.The big issue though is that I struggle with generalized anxiety disorder and my body throwing a tantrum makes it flare up really bad,which makes things twice as difficult.How long can these low carb flu symptoms last? I've seen people say that they'll be gone within a couple days,but others say they last for as long as a month or two.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    @lex,

You can only follow one God. Completely disregard any & all nutrition advice unless it is in the book The Paleo Solution or Mark's book, the Primal Blueprint. I put the same screen up for doctors. The only 3 doctors that I trust for medical advice are Dr. Davis, Dr. Kruse and Dr. Brownstein.
    Otherwise conflicting information will drive you batty.

Grizz
    how idiotic

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Soon after posting this I went and ate a mixed salad with chicken that had been drowned in oilve oil and melted butter.It made me feel better,not to say I'm back to 100%,but it certainly took the edge off and made things less awful.I'm gonna have to chalk this all up to my body throwing a tantrum,because I've never had a legit sickness that was alleviated by eating a bunch of vegetables and chicken swimming in butter and oil.

It's all just very confusing at times.One minute I read something that says lower carb diets are great for people backed up by numerous testimonials,then something that says they're a metabolic disaster with reports of people suffering serious health effects,and numerous other things that fall between the two extremes.It's almost like the more I try to learn about nutrition the less I actually know.
    Its individual - some do well on LC diets others don't. Find what works best for you.

mmapags is offline Member
    What Sue said! Try slowly upping your carbs with some whole fruit and see if that doesn't make you feel better. There is nothing non primal about fruit. It is very primal!

After doing some research I'm gonna try to aim for a rough ratio that goes something like this:

65% fat
    20% carbs
    15% protein

That's based on 2000 calories a day,which would be a good number for me considering I need to lose a bit of weight but not 60 pounds or anything like that.This in turn would equal around 100 grams of carbs a day,145 grams of fat,and 75 grams of protein.Most sources I've seen say 50-200 grams of carbs is ideal for the average person,going above or below that can cause some issues.I'm gonna stick with this ratio for a while and see if my body pulls out of this slump,and if it doesn't I'll adjust things slightly until I find what works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast