Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New/Weight loss/Help with diet page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You might find more success with a Weston A. Price approach. The Weston A. Price Foundation - Weston A Price Foundation They don't really recommend a vegetarian diet (well, they're pretty strongly against it) but they do recommend a wider array of foods than the Primal Blueprint.

The Foundation believes that strict vegetarianism (veganism) is detrimental to human health. Vegetarianism that includes eggs and raw (unpasteurized) dairy products, organic vegetables and fruits, properly prepared whole grains, legumes, and nuts, and excludes unfermented soy products and processed foods, can be a healthy option for some people. However, some people have difficulty assimilating vitamins, minerals, protein, and other factors from plant foods. These individuals may need a higher proportion of nutrients from animal foods to achieve optimum health.
    Vegetarian Tour - Weston A Price Foundation
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

dallytante is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Wait you guys are forgetting..

Try using loads of COCONUT oil!! You can get some great fats in there. Have you tried animal fats by themselves? You might find the taste rather delicous even tho they come from an animal because they aren't fleshy at all. Make sure you get high quality, you need to look up local farms and get grassfed or go to uswellness.com and order it from them.

Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food

What about fresh fish?? There are loads of different fish you can eat, as well as fatty fish like salmon. Some people make this the basis of their diet.

About your cravings, you are craving starches and sugar, everyone goes thru it. Stay tough..make a true 30 day commitment and those cravings will pass..cheat and they won't.

thanks for this suggestion! i love chia pudding--i read mark's post that toned down beliefs about chia, but chia-coconut pudding is delicious and contains virtually no carbs.

also, i could incorporate salmon/tilapia, even though it's a bit pricey.

as long as there's no such thing as 'too many eggs,' i should be ok.

do you have any weight loss tips from personal experience? tofu is out of my diet effectively, but i'm kind of reliant on cheese at the moment (until i enter ketosis). would knocking out cheese help with weight loss? and if so, do i replace cheese with coconut products? nuts trigger uncontrolled eating, so i'm trying to stay clear of them for a bit.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dallytante View Post
    thanks for this suggestion! i love chia pudding--i read mark's post that toned down beliefs about chia, but chia-coconut pudding is delicious and contains virtually no carbs.

do you have any weight loss tips from personal experience? tofu is out of my diet effectively, but i'm kind of reliant on cheese at the moment (until i enter ketosis). would knocking out cheese help with weight loss? and if so, do i replace cheese with coconut products? nuts trigger uncontrolled eating, so i'm trying to stay clear of them for a bit.
    Eating fish instead of those things would help dramatically.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dallytante View Post

I'm a pescatarian eating wild salmon (~600 g a week), eggs and a lot of goats cheese for protein, and am doing well on that. I eat other fish from time to time. I eat small quantities of almonds, (<120 g a week) and no other nuts. So if you are prepared to eat fish, primal could work for you. Trout, sardines and mackeral are cheaper sources of oily fish than salmon.

I would definitely recommend eating coconut oil, as activia has suggested. I only introduced it into my diet about a month ago, and am feeling the benefit.

I'm not sure about sprouted tofu being safe regarding anti-nutrients - wouldn't properly fermented miso be safer? Perhaps you could make your own?
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 02-06-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: typo
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12