Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amazed by IF page

Trau is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I find it totally crazy that I haven't eaten a speck of food since dinner around 9pm last night, and here it is, after 6pm, and I'm not even uncomfortable.

I get little waves of hunger, spurred maybe by a picture of food or a whiff of a co-worker's disgusting microwave dinner... but they subside.

It feels a lot like a meditation to me. You become aware of the hunger, acknowledge it, and move past it mentally.

Anyway, just surrounded by computers and desk trolls right now and thought it better to share that thought here than with the office!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Agreed, although I haven't done a 24 hour fast yet. I had a small breakfast at 8:30 am, got back from work at 5:30 having only had water and didn't feel at all hungry but made a small meal anyway. I need more time to pass by, mentally I still think I "should" eat. It also doesn't help living with your folks still, they worry if I don't eat.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

I'm juice fasting at the moment for kidney problems (currently on day4) and I have to say that as well as feeling hungry I feel this weird, dream-like bliss. My emotions are strong and I have been thinking over things from the past. I also feel a mental clarity and somehow connected to everything. It definitely makes the hunger a lot easier to deal with. :-)

Trau is offline Junior Member

@StoneAgeQueen I think I know what you're talking about. It's like heightened senses. I dig it.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Everything is definitely heightened while IFing. It's like you're on a longer-than-usual adrenaline rush.

I grok, therefore I am.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

A juice fast isn't really a fast. You are still consuming sugar.

wayofnature is offline Junior Member

Agreed , its actually really liberating not eating for 24-36 hours as long as you eat good quality food before and after. When Iam doing it i usually go for a hike, light surf, or light workout and feel great. Not eating or worrying about what the next meal is frees up a lot of time for intellectual activities as well. I find i read a lot more when i fast. I also get really good sleep that night and wake up the next day really refreshed. Digestion takes a lot of energy and putting it on hold allows that energy to be redistributed to the mind and soul in my view.

peace

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Agreed. When I go ice climbing, I 99% of the times climb while in a fasted state for at least 4 to 6 hours. I've noticed superior performance in that fashion.

I grok, therefore I am.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Very true about IF freeing up mental energy for other activities. I've never fasted more than 32 hours, and by the end, I notice that I am VERY cold.

verdilak is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

@Trau, thats exactly how I feel when I don't eat but one meal a day. It's crazy, but I don't have any problems cooking food for other people during my fasting.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast