Thread: Leg tingling when bending at the hips page

Amica is offline Member

Leg tingling when bending at the hips

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get an annoying tingling feeling in my leg and foot when I bend at the hips. It happens when I do jackknife presses, forward folds, and some other yoga poses, mainly in my right leg.

Does anybody know what's causing it, and what I should do about it?

Chaloney is offline Member
    Where is the tingling? I'm guessing the outside of the thigh? The lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, which provides touch sensation to the skin of the outside of the thigh, runs through the inguinal ligament and can be compressed, especially with extreme hip flexing. Google meralgia paresthetica

Amica is offline Member
    Actually, the tingling is primarily in my foot, and there is no pain.

Rummy is offline Junior Member
    Check your Piriformis. (both). If you just bend down at the waist (straight back) and come back up do you feel yourself activating those muscles? thrusting your hips foward a bit? Roll them out and see if they hurt like hell. Its possible they're strained-ish and impinging your sciatic ne

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Have you now or in the past had any history of lower back issues?
    I would be very careful. This could be the result of pressure on one of the spinal nerves, or spinal cord in the lower lumbar spine. The moves you are doing may be increasing the pressure on the nerve tissue.
    Get checked by a qualified professional. If this involves a disc the problem could get worse quickly.
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."