Thread: asian white rice intake and intake of other rice types. page

mosin46 is offline Senior Member

asian white rice intake and intake of other rice types.

Shop Now
    i have read the article re asian leaness and white rice intake. seems reasonable and in accord with observable data. my question is-is there any opinion and data regarding eating white vs brown vs wild rice? i read somewhere that the problem with brown rice is remaining rice bran problems. yes/no? it seems to me that wild rice would be even more in line with primal eating concepts than either white or brown. but,i don't know the answer to that. any one have any knowledge of or input into that question?

activia is offline Senior Member
    All I can tell you that Brown rice makes my stomach feel like its twisted in a nasty knot and white rice does not. Mark seems to recommend wild rice. I prefer to just go with white.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Wild rice and regular rice are not biologically the same thing.

wild rice, also called Indian rice, water rice, or water oats, Wild rice (Zizania aquatica). [Credit: W.H. Hodge](species Zizania aquatica or Zizania palustris), coarse annual grass of the family Poaceae whose grain, now often considered a delicacy, has long been an important food of North American Indians. Despite its name, the plant is not related to rice (Oryza sativa).
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3