Thread: Sugar Detox and Poop issues page

aimeep is offline Member

Sugar Detox and Poop issues

Primal Fuel
    Hey Guys
    I am doing Balanced Bites 21 Day sugar detox. I am on Day 13 and feel great. The only thing is I have diarrehea constantly. Sometimes I literally have to run to the loo other times it is more under control but always loose. It is getting a bit frustrating.

Does anyone have any ideas? My diet is pretty good although I do have some dairy but never had issues with that previously.

Any advice is welcome : )

SWO Life is offline Member
    Post your typical diet? Eating primal has the opposite effect for me and others I know. Denser, more substantial, and less frequent.

aimeep is offline Member
    Average day is:
    B = 2 egg omlette with ham sometimes a little cheese and 1/2 an avocado.
    S = small apple or carrot sticks
    L = Leftover dinner (meat + veggies) or salad with some chicken tomatoe etc.
    S = sometimes nothing sometimes a few macadamians or carrot sticks
    D = Protein + 2/3 veggies eg. Beef curry + cauliflower rice and broccoli

The last 2 weeks I have had no added sugar or fruit except for one small apple. No alcohol low carb and low on dairy.

I am going to try and get tested for celiac disease as I think any little hint of gluten sends me into the bathroom for eith vomiting or ...

threelions is offline Junior Member
    There are far more qualified than me here but when I originally went on the SCD which cuts out sugar I was warned there would be a bad period when all the things in your gut that feed off the sugar you eat die off. So it may be that.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Yeast die-off often shows itself with diarrhea. I am actually hoping to get to that point since I'm pretty sure I still have a lot of yeast in my system.

I would suggest that you continue to go gluten-free and sugar-free for at least a month, and include a strong probiotic (at least 50-billion cultures) to help your gut heal and regulate itself.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^Yeast die-off often shows itself with diarrhea. I am actually hoping to get to that point since I'm pretty sure I still have a lot of yeast in my system.

I would suggest that you continue to go gluten-free and sugar-free for at least a month, and include a strong probiotic (at least 50-billion cultures) to help your gut heal and regulate itself.
    I agree it sounds like yeast-die off. I got that about 12 days into a very strict sugar-free anti-candida diet, and it was over within 48 hours. Perhaps it can last a lot longer for some people.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

aimeep is offline Member
    Wow I never thought of it in that way. Pretty intersting and gross! I fell off the wagon on the weekend a bit and my tummy felt like it was spasming. I am definitely back on it today though.

Thanks for the tips!

missblue is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the "diagnosis" others have made and second the notion of a quality probiotic. It really really helps!