Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husband got ill last night..trying to figure out the cause page

activia is offline Senior Member

Husband got ill last night..trying to figure out the cause

So my husband was up all night having it come out both ends, also I think he had a fever since he could not get warm. He's still very uncomfortable.

The question is, where did this come from?
    He had lunch at his usual cafe, meatloaf..

For dinner:
    he had coffee with some old cream (but smelled fine)
    then we had bacon with stir fried pork chops and veggies in the bacon grease

We ate out of the same pan for dinner and I did not have any issues, except the sounds making me nauseas. He started feeling stomach pain about 2 hours after dinner.

Is it possible that little creme could do that much damage? Is it possible he got sick from dinner and I didn't? Is it possible that it was from lunch? Or... could it be a random stomach bug?
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member

Mountainduck is offline Member
    Stomach bug! You always think its the food when it comes back from where it went, but its almost always a virus. It's on a tear through the schools here

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Two old style home remedies came to mind when I read this post ... whenever I have felt the possible onset of a stomach bug, or if I have been exposed to someone who had a virus/bug, I use a spoonful (about a tsp or a bit more) of apple cider vinegar into a good sized glass of water, then sip. The whole family always keeps apple cider vinegar on hand for this. Some years ago my parents were hunting in Colorado and sharing a cabin with three other couples. Everyone one of them came down with a stomach virus - everyone except my parents, who were sipping on the apple cider vinegar water. The others chose not to use it, and were sick for 2-3 days.

My grandparents also kept 100 proof whiskey at all times ... and if any of us came down with a stomach virus, whiskey was poured into a shallow heatproof dish, and the whiskey was lit to burn the alcohol down, then drank as hot as possible. It's a little rough, but it's the one thing that has done it for me in the more extreme cases when it came on too fast to sip vinegar water.

Activia, hope your hubby feels better fast !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking either a virus or the meatloaf. Ground meat going a little "sour" might taste just fine with all the spices and things in meatloaf, but the body might not actually like it. It is true: It's not always food. It's just mostly food:-)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like norovirus to me. It's ridiculously contagious. We had an outbreak in my workplace a couple of years ago, and 2/3 of the office was out sick. It's miserable but usually over with quickly.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    There's definitely something going around, so I'm betting on that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    There's a huge variation in reaction to food poisoning pathogens. So it's perfectly feasible that your hubby reacted to something that you didn't. There again perhaps the aging cream was to blame.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Well whatever it is, its lasting more then 24 hours now.. He still had a bad headache, nausea, and periodic chills. He's drinking and keeping down the seltzer water.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been sick like that twice, and both times it was from dairy.
    First time cheese, second time milk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast