Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Primal Journal : Sandie page 9

Sandie is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not such a good day today . Was very busy with work and then too many meetings.. I caved at dinner with a slice of convenient pizza. I don't fall off track a lot but some days are just like that - back to the real deal again tomorrow
    An ex junk food addict - still fighting the fight. Sometimes I'm winning, sometimes I'm losing - but I'm still fighting

Sandie is offline Member
    I have been sooooo sick after consuming corn and wheat on the weekend and have successfully cleaned up my diet .... almost...I seem to be stuck on icecream . I think I am gonna have to get off of anything that would curtail my progress or draw me into eating things I should not. A big part of my problem is my junk food eating son, who is going away for a month starting next week. Without him tempting me with bad stuff I hope to be able to re-claim my will power and get off this garbage, Mind you I am steering clear of wheat and corn after the bad stomach aches but I also need to stay away from dairy and fruit for awhile as well. I eat way too much fruit while working and even a bit of dairy in my coffee gets me craving things like icecream so it will have to go ... for a bit anyway.
    An ex junk food addict - still fighting the fight. Sometimes I'm winning, sometimes I'm losing - but I'm still fighting

Sandie is offline Member
    I have been very very very very very bad - Just coming off of an ice cream binge that lasted about a week. Its started with an innocent attempt at some greek yogurt. It is supposed to be good for you but it led me down a really bad path.... straight to ice cream and a full blown sugar binge. Had I not gotten so very ill from the lactose, I might still be fighting off the sugar cravings. I am staying out of the grocery store for awhile until I feel stronger. I have to start at the beginning again, closely watching everything I consume until I can do it in my sleep once again. I am gonna cut back on the fruit snacking as I think it is a problem for me. I will only bring a small amount of food to work with me and only eat at lunch. I have to guard my sleep time so that I don't get over tired from being over busy and going to evening meetings when I have to be up early in the morning - that just sets me up for a major binge - back at it, again...

Sandie is offline Member
    Starting again ..... . I have struggled to get off this junk food binge but as soon as I get stressed I turn to junk food again and it's a very stressful time in my life. I am going to try to discipline myself to journal regularly again and to find other ways of dealing with stress other than junk food. Perhaps I will go and walk first thing in the morning - if it isn't pouring rain - that will be hard as winter sets in - maybe I need a new plan

Sandie is offline Member
    Feeling better today - I made a bone broth soup for dinner last night - so tasty and satisfying. I managed to sleep all night - only woke up once at 3 am but fell back to sleep easily and woke refreshed again at 8. Had a few slices of bacon with 2 fried eggs with some lemon water for breakfast and am now out for coffee with some knitting. Still taking it a bit easy today. Trying to stay focused and pay attention to my stress levels and reactions. I am trying to slow down and be purposeful. Hoping it will help get my off the junk and back to eating healthy

Sandie is offline Member
    oh I am not doing so good -- been sick lately and eating wheat and candy and feeling even worse -- why am I having such a hard time getting back on track. I know this stuff is poison and makes me really sick and I eat it anyway. I have only been able to get along for a few days before I go back to the poison - what do I do? How do I get free? What is wrong with me?

Sandie is offline Member
    It's been 2 days since I last had some of that sweet poison and I am starting to feel better. My head is still congested and my stomach is still a bit upset but the major pain is gone. I have to just say no when it comes to sweet things. I have confessed to people who have offered me something sweet that I am an addict and can't even have a taste and that I am still recovering from a serious sugar binge - they think I am crazy but who cares

Sandie is offline Member
    Been awhile since I journaled - keep forgetting my password and have to reset :/

Anyway, I have managed to break free from the junk bingeing and was doing well. I spent last week dog sitting for a friend and while I thought I would be ok, I really wasn't.

I only took healthy foods with me and they had no garbage at their house so I thought I would lose weight or at least stay the same but I gained 7 lbs - what gives?

The one thing that I have noticed that week is that I was very stressed trying to live two separate lives at one time; hers and mine. I was carrying for dogs - I don't have dogs of my own and I found they were very needy of attention and are not really like cars at all - lol. While I did enjoy being with the animals and the wood stove, the stress of my dual existence got we sick with a cold and tendinitis in my shoulder. I suspect this same stress is responsible for my weight gain this week . So, I think I will spent this week addressing this stress by being good to myself , go for relaxing walks ( hard to do in this torrential rain) maybe I will get a gym pass for the next few months and focus on some strength training and maybe tighten up my diet for a few weeks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789