Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal : Sandie page 8

Sandie is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Slow and steady is my course. I am amazed that I continue to lose weight. I totally suck at self control sometimes. I will be doing good and Friday comes and down I go. It was Alex's birthday at work and the boss brought cake - I found myself having a piece and then had some chips with my dinner- all that after my first IF that morning -- I know, unbelievable -- but true. The amazing thing is that I continue to lose.

I now weigh 196.5 lbs. bust is down to 42/36, waist is 37, and hips are still 44. But my thighs are noe 23.5 and calf is 15.5
    Funny how I lose mostly on top and my hips stay the same. I am just grateful to have lost anything at all. I have not been below 200 in a very long time.

I have a wedding to attend and will try to stay on track but might trip a bit but I am building a lifestyle not a diet
    I have been working at the greenhouse doing farm work which includes a lot of lifting and working on pushups and squats but not ready for pull ups yet. I did go for a long walk on Thursday after work and almost killed myself -- that was hard... Had to take ibuprofen to kill the pain so I could sleep

I am taking more supplements right now too to address my anxiety and depression-- started taking 5htp and tyrosine along with vitamin b6

Sandie is offline Member
    Not been very hungry lately. Sunday I passed on dinner, yesterday I skipped breakfast and today I only had raspberries for lunch. I don't know what's up with me but I am following my body's lead.
    An ex junk food addict - still fighting the fight. Sometimes I'm winning, sometimes I'm losing - but I'm still fighting

Sandie is offline Member
    Continuing my low eating phase.
    B - an orange, coffee
    l - shrimp stir fry with peppers and carrots and co
    d - 1/2 cup greek yogurt, zevia, pork rinds

I have not had pork rinds in a very long time but reading about it on the site got me thinking about it so I had some. Although I was not very hungry --- I did have some greek yogurt as it was on sale today and I had not had any in a very long time. I am not in the mood right now for something very heavy. I am concerned that in this low eating phase that I find myself, I may not be getting enough protein and maybe a bit too many carbs with the fruit and veg and very little meat. But I am just gonna ride it out for a few more days to see where it brings me. Its what my body seems to want right now.
    An ex junk food addict - still fighting the fight. Sometimes I'm winning, sometimes I'm losing - but I'm still fighting

Sandie is offline Member
    Well it was another weird day of low consumption.....
    B - 1/2 cup greek yogurt -- no coffee
    s- coffee
    L - 2 manderine oranges, macadamias
    D - 2 porkchops, carrots, peppers, zevia soda

Saturday tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to get back to normal after the weekend. I have been eating, but not eating well. I was not really hungry at dinner time but I wanted to have some real food and not just fruit and yogurt. Is this normal?

Sandie is offline Member
    I am shocked again. Lost 2 lbs this week even with eating so little. I thought I might stall but I was fine

B - yogurt - Greek, coffee with cream
    S - gluten free date bar at the farmers market
    L - one bison pepperoni stick and a zevia pop
    D - shrimp stir fry, zevia pop, few macadamias, a mandarin orange

Sandie is offline Member
    today was ok -- ish

B - greek yogurt, coffee with cream
    s - 2 co lumps, chocolate, coffee with cream
    L - piece of sausage and egg back from last nights dinner, manderine orange ( piece of Jackies birthday cake)
    D - 2 gluten free pepperoni sticks, bacon puffs, zevia, co lump

Sandie is offline Member
    I've not done so great this week. I have not been eating enough.

B 3 eggs 5 bacon
    L coffee, apole
    S frozen yogurt drink, peice if chocolate cake
    D 2 hamburgers with cheese banana

Hmmm too much junk

I start a new job this coming week so hopefully I can get organized and get back on track

Sandie is offline Member
    I seem to be stagnating a bit -- gonna try going back to the book -- back to basics -- while I enjoy looking at the posts on the site, some times I get confused because of the differing opinions of what paleo is. It might help me get my focus again by going back and reading the book again....

Sandie is offline Member
    I have stalled on weight loss lately .. Been to busy to post much and have not been eating as well. Leaving for work at 4:30 am has become hard to have a good breakfast and I find myself eating a lot of yogurt and a bit too much fruit because it is easy too pack. I have not been getting nearly enough fat. Got myself hooked on diet pop again -- because it's quick and easy. Trying to get myself turned back around by making a marrow broth and some coconut far balls. Thinking I will try to go low carb ( lower than now) for about a month to see if that will jump start my weight loss once again.

Sandie is offline Member
    I think I am too hard on myself. I keep thinking I am failing because I am not following the diet very strictly. I cheat constantly and can't go a day without chocolate. I don't always feel great- it could be my thyroid changing now that I weigh less than I did before. I need a blood test. But my numbers are coming down so I am a bit encouraged
    I am down to190 from 196 - a big difference from the 230 at Christmas. So I am aiming for 185 in August ( or sooner )
    I would love to drop below the obesity rang by the end of summer

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast