Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal : Sandie page 7

Sandie is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Changed my mind on the blood tests for now. I realized last night that I have been taking my magnesium supplement at the same time as my thyroid meds---- but it also contains calcium which blocks the absorption of t3 into the cells. This could be part of my tiredness issue. I don't want to do the blood test yet because it might show my t3 levels to be low. I don't want my dr. To start freeking out if it's only calcium that is the problem. I will be sure to take the calcium at a different time for a few days -- if I am still tired I will go for the test.

B - 3 eggs, 3 bacon, 2 coffee with cream

L - turkey, lettuce, strawberries, coffee with cream, 2 coconut drops chocolate

D - not hungry - 1 egg

I actually might be starting to feel better as I notice that I am not craving chocolate so much anymore

Sandie is offline Member
    Sometimes when I am this tired I wonder if primal is really working for me but then I think it would be too weird going back to eating grain again-- I may be ruined for normal anymore. So I shall carry on and hope everything clears itself up.

B - 2 eggs 4 bacon coffee w/ cream (2)
    L - 2 turkey lettuce wrapps coffee 4 strawberriess, cucumber slices macadamias 2 coconut balls
    D - 2 eggs, 1/2 chicken breast, broccoli, yam, diet soda

Sandie is offline Member
    Still tired ... But not thinking weird and not as angry. Starting to be able to think again. Was probably the calcium messing with my thyroid meds as the problem started shortly after starting the cal/ mag supplement, and slowly coming back now that I switched it around. Or so I am guessing. I checked my nutrient levels today and I am doing ok. I do want to try to up my protein levels and drop fat a bit. Also want to drop carb levels a bit.

B- 2 eggs 5 bacon , coffee with butter
    L - left over chicken with yam and broccoli coffee macadamias coconut drops
    D - turkey soup ,chocolate

Sandie is offline Member

going from bad to worse :(

I seem to be going from bad to worse .....

My day started fine....

B - 3 eggs, 4 bacon, coffee with butter
    L - 1/2 avocado with 1/2 can salmon, iced coffee with sugar free chocolate syrup, piece of dark chocolate ( 90%)

Was feeling stressed and irrationally angry at work -- not having out bursts or anything just weird emotional thoughts.....very strange..... Feeling depressed by the time I got home from work and so had a short nap. Woke up with some severe cravings for chips which digressed into pizza..........

D - 3 slices pepperoni pizza, garlic chips, diet soda

Well there we go ..... my first major cheat day since I started here in Feb..... What is going on? What brought this on? Could it have been the starch I had been eating ( lots of yams and squash lately)? Or maybe its the diet soda and chocolate that has pushed me over the edge? Or maybe stress ? ( I have been taking a herb for adrenal stress )---- although my job is pretty low stress my mind might be making me crazy--- which points back to food .....hmmmm......

Hopefully this will not become a habit and I can get back on track soon.....

Sandie is offline Member
    Saturday was another bad day with more pizza it seems that once I start I have a hard time stopping.
    I have been grain free for four months and felt really good for the most part. After 2 days of grains ( pizza)...not even a lot of grains either, and I had my first anxiety attack in 4 months. I had forgotten about them and had never connected them to grain. I have to get back to staying grain ( and junk) free. I had been doing some reading and observing so here is my new plan:
    -- no more soda-- at all- even the sugar free stuff messes me up
    -- eat more fat
    -- increase magnesium
    -- don't take anytime close to when I take my thyroid pills as the calcium in it blokes the absorption of t3
    -- remember the omega 3
    -- get organized
    -- get to sleep by lunch
    -- try to relax more often

We it's a plan so will see if I can do it or it might need some tqeaking

Sandie is offline Member
    Had a bit better sleep last night and the day went better too.
    B -- 3 eggs bacon coffee banana
    L -- left over steak asparagus and marrow
    S-- strawberries with peice of dark chocolate
    D -- shrimp stir fry with broccoli and carrots strawberries and cream

Sandie is offline Member
    It's wonderful having my energy back
    It's amazing that it works so well. I have increased my fat, taking more magnesium and I am feeling better after only two days.

B -- 2 eggs 4 bacon coffee with cream
    S -- avocado half
    L -- left over shrimp stir fry strawberries coffee with cream
    S-- banana
    D -- spagetti squash meat balls marinara sauce

I got a whole bunch of basil from work today and spent lots of time chopping and freezing it for a later date. I stewed up some marrow bones and put together a stew for tomorrow. I actually got a lot done today

Sandie is offline Member
    Well I thought I was doing good as I am feeling better, but my ratios and not what they should be.

B - 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs, 4 meatballs, coffee with cream
    S - 2 paleo almond crackers from marks book and a coffee
    L - left over spagetti squash and meatballs with marinaria sauce, banana, 2 oz 85% chocolate
    D - beef and marrow soup, 1 cracker, 2 0z dark chocolate, 2 more eggs

calories = 2185 protein 90 g ( 16%) carbs 109 ( 20%) fat 157 g (64%)

I really should be eating about 102 g of protein and only 50 or so grams of carbs so I do need to work on those numbers. At the same time I need to keep my fat levels up and include foods that boost dopamine (like bananas and avocado, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus) The marrow seems to have helped a bit as well.
    D -

Sandie is offline Member
    B- 2 eggs, 5 bacon coffee with cream
    S - 2 alond crackers with a slice of cheddar acid coffee
    L - beef soup, pear peice of chocolate
    D - more soup, banana, peice of chocolate

Was a good day - felt a bit of stress at work with not much to do but was able to manage it ok. We may only have two more weeks before getting layed off - trying not to stress about it. Was invited to go to a resort in parksville tomorrow which will be very relaxing and fun - I think I need a little bit of fun

Sandie is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I did have a bit of fun but also a lot more stress. I ate too much starch and drank too much alcohol. Was feeling a bit bloated and constipated but that is clearing up but I am having trouble with arthritis. Got some joint 14 some b6, 5HTP and l- Tyrosine to help with the anxiety and depression I often struggle with. Have been doing some exercises and generally feeling good.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast