Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much Vitamin D is too much page

tplank is offline Senior Member

How much Vitamin D is too much

Primal Fuel
    I just tested at 78 ng/mL. Higher than the target ranges I've read, but not much. I'm not inclined to change my supplementation, but what do you think?

joej627 is offline Member

Depends who you listen to.

I think the jury is still out on what is the optimal range. In my opinion, if you don't have any health problems there is no reason to go any higher than that. As long as you have been supplementing for awhile and not ramped up lately i think your probably good.

dado Guest
    it's too much when you can't sleep anymore and you get headaches

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    I just tested at 78 ng/mL. Higher than the target ranges I've read, but not much. I'm not inclined to change my supplementation, but what do you think?
    Dr. Davis & Dr. Kruse would say that your are PERFECT. How many IU's are you taking per day?

BTW, 40,000 IU is considered to much if taken every day. I am on 10,000 IU daily, with my blood level at 73. If I feel a cold coming on, I double it to 20,000 IU for a week.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-03-2012 at 04:57 PM.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    I'm taking 2,200 IU daily. Is this not enough for a UK winter? Will more improve asthma?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    I'm taking 2,200 IU daily. Is this not enough for a UK winter? Will more improve asthma?
    breadsauce,
    I think 2,200 IU Daily is useless in the UK. DON'T GUESS AT THIS ! It is far too important to be playing games. I suggest that you go up to 10,000 IU Daily for 3 months, then get your 25(oh)D blood tested to verify it is in the 70 to 100 ng/ml range. If not, then adjust your dosage by 1,000 IU Daily to change the blood reading by 10 ng/ml. You can order an at-home blood test for $US65

Grizz

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    10,000iu too! I am a teacher and have not had a cold all winter.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I've kept my level around 80 ng/ml for the last 2 years and haven't been sick at all!

Remember that D requires Magnesium, Vitamin A & K as co-factors, so make sure you are eating liver weekly & supplementing with Magnesium in a chelate form (hard to get enough Mg from food sources these days...)

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I think 90 is about the highest you want to be. I vary the amount I take... some days I take 8,000 and some 12,000 and every so often I take a high dose of 50,000 (if I have skipped a couple of days...which sometimes I do, but not on purpose). I was severly deficient when I started PB and live in the Pacific Northwest so need more than those who live south.

78 is a great level!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    I think 90 is about the highest you want to be. I vary the amount I take... some days I take 8,000 and some 12,000 and every so often I take a high dose of 50,000 (if I have skipped a couple of days...which sometimes I do, but not on purpose). I was severly deficient when I started PB and live in the Pacific Northwest so need more than those who live south.

78 is a great level!
    Dr. Kruse would not agree with you. He has said that levels closer to 100 are ideal. However, Dr. Davis will agree your 78 level being perfect. I'm happy as long as my test results are between 70 and 100.

When I feel a cold coming on, I double up for 20,000 IU daily for 1 week. Kills the impending cold before it starts.

Grizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast