Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boopy Eats (The Right Stuff) page

Boopy is offline Member

Boopy Eats (The Right Stuff)

I'm Boopy, and I'm going to try eating the right stuff. I've been eating the wrong stuff, and way too much of it. Eating the wrong stuff is making me miserable. And fat. And fatly miserable. And tired. And tired of being miserably fat. Hopefully, the eating the right stuff will change all that.

I'm a 44-year-old woman, married, no kids, 5' 8", and 60 lbs overweight. I woke up feeling awful this morning in every way a person can feel awful. I figure it can only get better from here. Right? Right??!?!

What I scarfed today (Day 1)
    Breakfast: Coffee with stevia.
    Lunch: 3 eggs, 1 clementine.
    Dinner: TBD - Chicken quarter, asparagus, salad, glass of wine (maybe) <--- this changed to a big salad with can of tuna on top.

Movement
    Dog walk: those suckers squeezed out 5 poopies, so I did 5 squats to pick them up. Unfortunately, my dogs are small, so I can't count this towards "lifting heavy things".
    Exercycled: while watching an episode of "Being Human" (UK version of course).

Play
    Going to...uh...leg wrestle... my darling man late tonight after we watch Warrior. TGIF!

Weight
    Uh... I just can't face getting on the scale today. I'm planning on weighing in on Mondays because Mondays already suck. I bet the Suck-o-meter will probably barely even register a change when I add a weigh-in first thing every Monday morning.
    Last edited by Boopy; 02-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Boopy! Will that menu be enough food for you? I would still be hungry after that.

Boopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Welcome, Boopy! Will that menu be enough food for you? I would still be hungry after that.
    Thanks for the welcome! Love your journal. I wish laughing took off the pounds, I'd just lurk in your thread all day snorting water through my nose and being satisfied with my skinny self.

Yeah, normally this amount of food wouldn't cut it for me either, but I had an epic (E*P*I*C) binge yesterday and I'm actually still relatively full. I'm sure that will wear off any moment now...

I'm so glad you enjoy my journal! I never thought that I'd be able to stick with it, but five months later it has swollen into 150 pages of me babbling about my weight. (With the common theme being GO AWAY.)

Boopy is offline Member
    Day 3 and wow, do I feel awful. I knew I would, I'm a terrible carb-o-holic and I think my body is in absolute shock over this sudden turn of events. I'm in shock, too.

First the bad news - I had terrible insomnia last night, digestive issues this morning, and a migraine at 3 a.m. Urk.

The good news: I'm making it through the hell that is Super Bowl weekend and staying on plan. My husband had Irish Car Bombs and Fritos on Friday nite. I did not. I did have Irish Car Bomb envy, but fortunately there aren't calories in that. We watched the movie Splice (comically awesome!) and I managed to have a good time while not snacking -- a real achievement for me. Weekends are going to be a real trial for me, I can tell.

What I scarfed Saturday (Day 2)
    Breakfast: Coffee with stevia, 1 fried egg, small chunk of steak, sliced tomatoes.
    Lunch: Big salad at a BBQ joint that had lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, smoked pork, hard boiled egg, with vinegar on top.
    Dinner: Chunk of raw cauliflower, a chicken leg quarter baked with evoo and garlic salt and pepper, and 2 glasses of my favorite Chianti.

Saturday Movement
    2.1 mile dog walk.
    1 hour easy bike riding through local neighborhood.

Saturday Play
    I beat my husband at cribbage, muhahahahahaha!

I think I need to bite the bullet and use that The Daily Plate thing to track calories, because I have the urge to over-restrict and no idea how many calories are in what I'm eating. I just hate the idea of weighing/measuring stuff, and writing every thing down. Ugh.
    Last edited by Boopy; 02-06-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    44 year-old chick, 5'8"-ish, 2/6/12 Start Weight: 189.2
    My boopy stuff: MDA journal | Daily Plate

Wafaa is offline Member
    You know I read this as "Booby Eats". I thought someone was trying to make their boobs bigger on a primal diet, lol!

Congrats on deciding to start eating right. I can completely relate to the carb withdrawal, and luckily, it does generally go away in a couple of weeks at the most

Good luck!

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopy View Post
    I think I need to bite the bullet and use that The Daily Plate thing to track calories, because I have the urge to over-restrict and no idea how many calories are in what I'm eating. I just hate the idea of weighing/measuring stuff, and writing every thing down. Ugh.
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I feel you on the over-restricting. I've reached a point where I can no longer recognize how much is actually enough (because x amount of conventional foods is worth about three times the primal equivalent). I'm currently playing around with the following food formula: 3-6 oz protein (usually 6), 2 cup worth of vegetable matter, and about 1 tablespoon worth of fat for each meal (and since I used to measure/track obsessively, I can eyeball this these days). I eat roughly four times a day (le horror!), but I'm an active individual and not eating enough has been problematic for my lifestyle.

Boopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafaa View Post
    You know I read this as "Booby Eats". I thought someone was trying to make their boobs bigger on a primal diet, lol!

Congrats on deciding to start eating right. I can completely relate to the carb withdrawal, and luckily, it does generally go away in a couple of weeks at the most

Good luck!
    Thanks for the kind words, I am looking forward to getting past the carb withdrawal part! I'm still giggling over "Booby Eats", kind of interesting imagery!

Boopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I feel you on the over-restricting.
    Thanks for the encouragement and for sharing your plan! I realized today that not only can I not recognize what an appropriate portion should be, I don't have good hunger recognition, either. I don't think I've let myself actually FEEL hunger in a very long time, I was just eating ALL. THE. TIME.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopy View Post
    I don't have good hunger recognition, either. I don't think I've let myself actually FEEL hunger in a very long time, I was just eating ALL. THE. TIME.
    Have you always had poor hunger recognition? Or did this develop somewhere along the way? I'm curious because I always knew exactly when I was hungry and exactly when I was full, at least until I started Prozac. I instantly lost that sensitivity and began eating completely out of control. It was shocking to me because I never had any eating issues until then.

I also had insomnia when I first started lowering carbohydrates, but eventually it resolved. Better luck sleeping tonight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast