Thread: Newbie looking to fix asthma. Anyone else have any luck? page

TaniaFromAdelaide is offline Junior Member

Newbie looking to fix asthma. Anyone else have any luck?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm brand new to all of this but I'm discovering that you guys might be onto something!

What I'd like to know is whether other people have had any success reducing or eliminating their asthma with a paleo diet?

I got adult-onset asthma around age 30.

I've taken medications for years and tried a few things here and there to see if I could reduce it, but not much worked.

A little while ago formed a plan to cut back on grains, dairy and sugar to see if it made a difference.

My asthma did improve significantly over those 3 or 4 weeks so I had another look on the web and found Mark's website and book.

I've only been eating this way strictly for a week (!!) but I've had no asthma so far. It's very early days I know but I'm starting to get really excited.

Tania

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I'm 31, and has suffered hay fever and allergies since I was 10. Since cutting dairy 100% on Dec 9th 2011, I haven't had any seasonal allergies at all. I got asthma during humid spring weather and suffered thunderstorm asthams a lot too. But all gone since I cut dairy!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I'm 31, and has suffered hay fever and allergies since I was 10. Since cutting dairy 100% on Dec 9th 2011, I haven't had any seasonal allergies at all. I got asthma during humid spring weather and suffered thunderstorm asthams a lot too. But all gone since I cut dairy!

TaniaFromAdelaide is offline Junior Member
    Good for you Glamorama! and thanks for replying.

Interesting. I was wondering whether the improvement might be due to cutting grains, so you've definitely motivated me to continue being dairy-free too.

One thing that made me wonder whether it might be the grains for me is that I noticed my asthma got a lot worse after I met my husband.

I used to joke that I was allergic to him. But more recently it occurred to me that my diet changed significantly after we got together. He is a fantastic cook and for him every meal has to include a staple. If there's no rice, couscous, noodles, quinoa....etc, then it's just not a meal.

When I was doing my own cooking, I naturally tended to eat a lot of meal and salads or veggies.

Dragonfly32 is offline Member
    hey there im also looking to eliminate my asthma via PB doing really well, no signs of asthma unless i slip up, ive noticed anything with the slightest bit of soy makes me wheezy (as well as dairy/grains) im down to taking my inhaler only when i need it instead of everyday ive been primal since sept '11

Turner Cox is offline Junior Member
    I ran into the same issue, not a lot of clear Asthma information available. Each Asthmatic must find what triggers their symptoms. Some is allergy induced, whereas, some are adrenal function. However, since you're taking Singular, your asthma is allergy induced, same as mine. Through my own studies I found that Asthma is a immune disorder. Your body does not fight bacteria or infection very well. Other diseases are very similar such as Multiple Sclerosis.

Brief Asthma Background: Been taking Albuterol inhaler every 10 days for 25 years. I have had been hospitalized for weeks at a time on multiple occasions.

The paleo diet will clear your mind and help you seek the inner support to change from within. You are addicted to your inhaler. Everytime your chest gets tight you think of your inhaler. I have been there.

The supplements that helped me are:

Magnessium oxide: BRAND: Mag400rx - I dip two pills every 4-6 hrs. It calms the lungs and body.
    Mullien: Will help you kill bacteria and fungis that sits in the bottom of our lungs.
    Vitamin C and A: These will help your body cleanse itself of bacteria daily. min 10,000 milligrams per day.

For asthma attacks I use: Badger (Aromatic Chest Rub) I do breathing exercises with beard and chest coated. 3 to 4 mins. and Im great.

Foods: Onions, Garlic, pineapple, ect...

I recommend this book: Prescription for Nutritional Healing. This book has been around for 30 years and updated every so often.

More questions? Please direct to my new facebook community page. This 'Ole Paleo House | Facebook

kazeya is offline Junior Member
    I've cousin,he has asthma since he was 9years old.He treated everywhere and every kind of treatment but his conditions became worse,he was very sick due to his problem his study also quite disturbed those days.but suddenly after 20years his sickness vanished,many doctors said that after 20 or 21 years the body adjust some kinda muscle or molecules changes thats y this happened really surprised of that.Now he is enjoying life doing gym,exercise playing properly.