Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tough Mudder Training page

galensjp01 is offline Junior Member

Tough Mudder Training

Shop Now
    I'm doing the Tough Mudder in Pennsylvania (Round 2) and was wondering if anyone has competed in one, what training they did, if the training worked, etc!

Thanks

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I'll let you know in 3.5 weeks... TM SoCal #1
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i haven't done the tough mudder, but i love mud runs. check out the spartan race...they email out a workout of the day that is perfect for training for something like the tough mudder.

one week till SoCal TM. Ran 4.3k today with my buddy that I'm doing the TM with. My last run was 7 weeks ago, the same 4.3k and my time went from 37min down to 28min (really easy pace both times [~11min mile], the first time I was bagged after, this time I feel great).

My training has been Starting Strength 3 days, with Ultimate (aka 60min of sprints) one night and Volley Ball (plyos) one night each week. I've been doing zero distance training (aside from the 2 runs 7 weeks apart). After the race I'll let you know just how broken I am .

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

galensjp01 is offline Junior Member
    awesome, thanks man! I've been heavily neglecting distance training too...lol mostly just alot of metcon mixed with strength workouts and muay thai/jiu jitsui when i can find time for those classes!

You just have to remember it isn't a 12 mile run, it's more like 24 half mile runs

Liam is offline Member
    I'm doing the Melbourne TM on March 31st. I do bootcamp 3 times a week and have gone on 12, 15 and 20km runs in recent weeks. My plan is to keep doing boot camps and go on a couple more 15-20km runs.
    My goal is just to finish, I don't care about time. My weakness is strength in relation to body weight. I'm not weak, but I can't do a pull up. So my worry is draining myself trying to climb walls etc and not having the energy to finish.

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Federkeil, I'm doing the TM on Saturday too. Team Axis of Awesomeness, we've a 10:40 start time. My team is mostly Paleo as well, if you're there we should meet up.

The longest distance I've gone is about 6 miles. As was said, it really isn't a 12 mile run, it's a bunch of short 1/2 to 3/4 miles interspersed with obstacles. I've not done it but I'd say a great way to train would be to stop every half mile, bust out 20 burpees and run again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
    Federkeil, I'm doing the TM on Saturday too. Team Axis of Awesomeness, we've a 10:40 start time. My team is mostly Paleo as well, if you're there we should meet up.

The longest distance I've gone is about 6 miles. As was said, it really isn't a 12 mile run, it's a bunch of short 1/2 to 3/4 miles interspersed with obstacles. I've not done it but I'd say a great way to train would be to stop every half mile, bust out 20 burpees and run again.
    Team Canadian Bacon at 8:40

It'll be me and my buddy, two 6'6" guys in Canada Flag morph suits. I should be easy to spot. My buddy will be winning the Strongest Mudder drinking competition at the end of the day.

Leonharte is offline Member
    I plan on doing TM Sydney in September! Still trying to get a team together. My training is soccer and weights workouts. Can't do a single pullup so I'm working on that as well.
    Starting weight: 90kg (11/3/13) (33.1 BMI)
    Current weight: 89.5kg (12/3/13) (32.9 BMI)
    Goal weight: 75kg (27.5 BMI)
    Short term goal: BMI under 30
    Mid term goal:
    40 pushups, 100 situps, 10 pullups, 10.1 beep test, >10m 2.4km run
    Long term goal: Enlist as an ARA Combat Engineer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast