Thread: New to EVERYTHING page

Starwind is offline Junior Member

New to EVERYTHING

Primal Fuel
    Hello, I got introduced to Paleo on accident from watch Doug McGuff at the 21 Convention online. From there I couldn't get enough information. Then I found Mark right afterwards. Very amazing stuff indeed. I'm glad I have a butcher right down the road from me and he is very open to new things. I have a question though switching from grains to veggies and things what is the best thing to use for like a hamburger? I bought a lettuce head and it just doesn't peal good. Do they make like a 'Lettuce Pocket' somewhere? I did see romaine lettuce pieces that can be made to make any type of sandwich and figure i'll try that route next time. Hope to learn a lot from here. Thank you for reading.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Lettuce can be great for making hamburgers and "sandwiches" (especially butter lettuce), but here is my advice for the best Primal experience- Stop looking for substitutes. Just enjoy what you've got- if that's a burger patty on a bed of veggies, grand. There are some good sub recipes out there- pancakes, granola, cakes, even sandwich breads, but it's really easy to overeat those things. They are okay every once in a while, but just keep it simple- get used to it that way and love it that way, and this lifestyle will stay sustainable for you.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Starwind is offline Junior Member
    I'll have to look for butter lettuce thank you. I just wanted to eat it with my hands instead of a fork is all haha.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind View Post
    I'll have to look for butter lettuce thank you. I just wanted to eat it with my hands instead of a fork is all haha.
    I eat salad and meat with my hands all the time! I don't think my wife will let me do it in public but at home it's a different story. Just dig in and wash up when you are finished.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Um, I'm with Starwind.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.