Thread: Would duck and seaweed go together? page

sbhikes is online now Senior Member

Would duck and seaweed go together?

Primal Fuel
    I have a duck neck and some duck bones I saved and I would like to make soup. I also have some wakame seaweed. For some reason, I am thinking maybe these would go good together. What do you think? Would this be a decent combination? How about adding shitake mushrooms, too? I keep thinking it sounds good but you always hear about broth being made with celery and onions. I don't want to ruin my duck broth if I am wrong. What do you think?

If that does sound bad, any suggestions for the wakame other than miso soup? Any suggestions for the duck broth?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Sounds good to me. My mom always used to make pork soup with wakame, and throw in the bones from the leftover roast duck from the Chinese butcher.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Ooh that sounds good, particularly with the shitakes. Go for it!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Ok, I think I'll try it. I'm not sure how to do this. Those neck bones are really hard to fish out without a sieve. I guess I'll make the broth first, then add the wakame and mushrooms and whatever else after straining the broth. I hope that comes out okay.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Why the need to strain it? You can have the pieces floating around, and then eat them after the bones get softer There actually is quite a bit of meat on neck if you try hard enough.