Thread: AntiGravity Yoga - Anyone have experience with this? page

AntiGravity Yoga - Anyone have experience with this?

Primal Fuel
    "Suspension training" is a fairly new fitness field that combines the principles of yoga with elements from aerial acrobatics (think Cirque de Soleil), dance, Pilates and calisthenics. There is a studio near me and I've been checking it out this past month. I have struggled with a frozen shoulder and a tightness between my cervical and thoracic spine that has mostly been alleviated after doing this "AntiGravity Yoga" a few times. It seems to be great for spinal decompression. The whole approach strikes me as very much in keeping with the principles of the primal blueprint - avoids "chronic cardio" and approaches fitness from the point of view of having some fun. I wrote a post about it on my blog with some photos of some of the inversions if anyone is interested. AntiGravity Yoga at Core Connection Studio

It doesn't seem widely available yet but I'm curious if anyone else has heard of Anti-Gravity Yoga and/or has actually tried it. It's not cheap but it costs about as much as my co-pay to a chiropractor so it seems worth it.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I've done it and LOVE it. But I have to say, it's doesn't beat a good adjustment for alignment. That said, I think it's an awesome (and completely entertaining) way to keep things loosened up and strong. From the moment I started my first class, I knew I needed to own a yoga sling! Now where to hang it??
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Exactly. I was there this morning and was pondering where in my house I could put one. My husband took a class last weekend and started suggesting we get rid of our bed and install these hammocks! Um, not gonna happen. But I took it as a sign that he enjoyed it.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Haha! Love it!
    I haven't been for a while due to lack of funds, but it makes me laugh out loud. I found myself swinging like a bird from the ceiling of a warm room while snow flew outside the window- one of those... *moments*. So awesome.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.