Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa... read this garbage. page

Prowler Guest

I was Googling xylitol and I came across this page.

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/articles/2003/03/how-sweet-it-is-functional-sweeteners.aspx?cntwelcome=1&tw=20100216202342

At the bottom, there's a little box entitled "Sugar Myths Debunked."

It reads,

In light of the growing obesity epidemic in the United States, sugar has been given a bad rap. Fads such as the Atkins diet strongly advise against carbohydrate consumption--with sugar being high on the no-no list. However, according to the American Dietetic Association (ADA), "Sugars really have no direct relationship to any health problem except for their role in tooth decay. After careful review of scientific studies, that's the conclusion of nutrition and health experts. However, sugar myths are still widespread."

According to ADA, the four common misconceptions surrounding sugar are it causes diabetes, triggers obesity, is linked to hyperactivity and induces hypoglycemia.

"Sugars, in moderation, are part of a healthful diet," ADA says. "Naturally occurring or added sugars can make nutritious foods more appealing by adding taste, aroma, texture and color." However, ADA also noted that alternative sweeteners (a.k.a. nonnutritive or high-intensity sweeteners) are an effective way to enjoy sweet foods without consuming a high number of calories.

----

Have you ever heard such a load of bull in your life? Who the hell are the American Dietetic Association anyway, and how much do you want to bet that they receive some kind of contribution from the sugar industry?

Acmebike is offline Member

FAIL for the ADA. FAIL. Good find, Prowler. That makes my blood boil (as the sugar does to its victims blood) that the ADA puts out shit like that. Ignorant/innocent people will continue to pour on the sugar with articles like that to justify it all.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Well the ADA needs patients DUH!!!

Yeah this sucks.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Yeah right. Try to tell any diabetic that sugar does not have ill effects on their health. DUUUUUH.

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Haha was not mocking you with the "DUH" thing Tara Tootie. Your comment was not up before I made mine. Whoops! But I agree, it seems they are making more customers for themselves. Hey, sick people = money money money.

verdilak is offline Member

Epic Fail.

And Tara is correct, patients are needed, at least that is how it seems sometimes.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Sounds like the Sugar Bureau up to their usual diabolical scheming.

Them: http://iwasben.com/cms/wp-content/up...untchocula.jpg

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Katt is offline Senior Member

Of course they are. They are a business, and their commodity is health threatening. They have to spin the hyperbola to their advantage or be the Bad Guys. Sigh.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

No worries Chelc, I could see the sarcasm oozing out! Birds of a feather... lol!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"according to the American Dietetic Association (ADA), "Sugars really have no direct relationship to any health problem except for their role in tooth decay"

This slew me.

I wonder which mythical, unexplained phenomena the ADA are fighting? What is this diabetes you're talking about?... And is it airborne?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast